Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Founder Wozniak: Toyota Problem Is Software

junebug1701

Has he designed the software for Mr.T? I hope not, but with more and more computerised stuff, you are leaving yourslef open to more gremlins.

I am not happy with Mr.T though, having just bought a 2nd hand Avensis, should I put a claim in with Mr.T for additional loss of value due to this fiasco? Surely this would affect secondhand values.

rick

I think this whole debacle has done toyota no end of harm , they have in my view handled the whole situation badly , why did it take them so long to acknowledge that there was a problem in the first place , it will be interesting to see if Toyota sales take a dip in the coming months , and rickers certainly has a point in the short term at least ( quote ; Surely this would affect secondhand values. ) safety in anyones book is paramount , and yes people do tend to panic , only this morning my wife is telling me " you need to contact Toyota " " Why " i ask , " because they have reported on the news last night that people have been killed in America , whilst driving their Toyota " i try to calm her by telling her as far as i can tell its other models that are affected and not the Auris , and in any case we have owned the car now for 22 months and the accelerator pedal has never got stuck once before so why should it start now .

Like i said people do tend to panic and the fact that they are reporting this story daily on national tv and in the press will have people saying " Avoid Avoid " when it comes to buying a Toyota , i hope not but i can see it .

watching the news yesterday and sure enough the ongoing saga of the sticky pedals is being reported or so i thought , they go on to say that now the Prius model has come under the spotlight as Toyota are now saying that there is a problem with its brakes , the news people go on to say that Toyota sales in the US have dropped by 16% and by 12% in the UK .

Later whilst listening to the radio ( 5 Live ) they were discussing the accelerator issue and they had the Lawyer on , known as Mr Loophole Nick Freeman , he stated that basically toyota owners were driving their cars illegally and in the event of an accident their insurance would be deemed null and void , however 5 LIve spoke to someone from the insurance industry and he said that its not the case , unless Toyota actually come out and say " Stop driving your cars " because they are unsafe , the fact that they have not said this , means you can still drive your car and rest assured that in the event of an accident you should still be covered ..... So who do we believe ????

Next they spoke to a lady , the owner of an Auris , the lady says she was driving her car at around 60 mph when she was approaching the brow of a hill she attempted to slow down but to no avail , she kept pressing down on the brake but the car just seemed to speed up and there was an awfull smell of burning of rubber and metal , the car would not slow down so she took the decission to switch off the engine and she managed to pull to the side of the road , she then placed the car in neutral and turned on the engine , the engine was racing uncontrollably , so she switched it off and called for assistance , her car was taken to a toyota garage , but to her surprise they could find nothing wrong but said the pedal was probably caught on the mat , only now though does she know the truth as toyota have now admitted that there is a problem , she said that her car is an automatic with a techtronic gearbox ......

Its a good job she did not remove the key from the ignition as that could have resulted in the steering lock being applied !!! , whilst travelling at 60 mph , not a good idea :no:

Could be worse... at least his brakes are good...

Oh...... hang on.... :lol:

:lol::thumbsup:

SPAD_ToyotaFrontRoom1.jpg

I love Sniff!

schumachers10021.jpg

I'm sure once upon a time vehicles had no safety kit like airbags and crumple zones or ABS etc etc and manufacturers sold them without a care....

Anybody remember the Ford that would explode if rear ended, wasn't it alleged they paid victims’ families off because it was cheaper than a recall? Doesn’t seem to have stopped them shifting a lot of metal in the last 40yrs

:lol::thumbsup:

SPAD_ToyotaFrontRoom1.jpg

" The car in your front room is a Toyota " :lol: now thats funny . LMAO

I think i should add , whilst the picture above would not have been funny for the car and home owner , and i hope no one was seriously hurt , i do appreciate the joke .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links