Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sticking 4x4

the fox

I have a 2006 rav4 2.2 diesel uk spec as anyone had problems with the sticking 4wd my 4wd light came on along with the engine management light the rav ran slow and had a vibration I disconnected the main ECU re-connected it pressed the brake pedal 8 times to remove the DTC's in the 4wd ECU everthing went back to normal, this morning after a week it did it again I'm certain it's the 4wd sticking on can anyone help please

After reading some of the problems with the Rav4 could it be the EGR Valve, I don't know why it would put the 4wd warning light on any info please

I don't know why it would put the 4wd warning light on any info please

Well that is part of the indications. It is almost certainly the EGR but if you read the codes it will tell you. You can do it by shorting pins 4 and 13 and it will display it on the instrument panel when you switch on the ignition. Probably code 0400.

I don't know why it would put the 4wd warning light on any info please

Well that is part of the indications. It is almost certainly the EGR but if you read the codes it will tell you. You can do it by shorting pins 4 and 13 and it will display it on the instrument panel when you switch on the ignition. Probably code 0400.

Thanks Anchorman I had disconnected my Main ECU so all codes have been deleted but I have stripped the EGR valave down and it was a mess gave it a good clean and it ran like a dream, I had a very bad major service at RRG Bolton in the end they agreed they had only done the oil change and I was given a full refund, they had maintained the rav since new so it looks like they had never cleaned it, its now 3.5 years old, I honestly thought the 4x4 was stuck on, I also read on this site (excellent by the way) that in early 2007 the main ECU was re-programmed to stop the 4wd and vsc light coming on if the ERG valve stuck etc, again this was not done on my Vehicle obviously, I'm now waiting for Vantage Blackburn to get back to me to see if this can now be done FREE some hope, The vehicle has been faultless apart from this which looks like it was down to bad sevicing, But when I reported the bad servicing to Toyota UK they completely washed there hands with the matter and stated they had no power over RRG so there comments have put me off TOYOTA's which is a shame but once again thanks for your help

OK good. However, if you get in touch with TGB they MAY change the valve under an extended warranty. Be warned they have done a bit of a u-turn on this and you might have to dig in. First port of call is your dealer and they should handle it for you. They won't know about it so you will have to explain.

If you want more info pm me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links