Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sick As A Parrot

Bizarra

Only fit to talk about it now :(

On Monday last I was driving down the town & came to a T junction at the main road through the town. I stopped & waited & finally there was nothing coming from my left & one car coming from my right with its indicators going to turn into the road I was on. I went, & hit it bang amidships. She wasn't turning at all :(

I sat in shock for a moment & never thought to ask the car behind had it seen the indicators going. I, naturally said to her that she was indicating to turn & she kept saying "I wasn't indicating as I was going home," which I know was straight ahead, now. I am certain that she hadn't corrected them from her previous turn. When I smacked her they went off instantly.

I called the Police & while waiting we talked it over & decided to settle it between ourselves, so I cancelled the call. There was no proving anything where indicators were concerned & I hadn't witnesses.

In due course her Son arrived, whom I know, being in the respray/bodywork business. He charged me Euro50 for fixing mine, though I still have a dent in the lip of the bonnet. Her Yaris will cost Euro900 to put right. Luckily I hit her almost entirely on the passenger door, so a new door will fix most of it except a bit of work on the sill & a bit beside the door.

There is no financial benefit in going through my Insurance as I have full "No Claims" & allowances , amounting to over Euro600 per year. It would cost me more than the Euro900 by the time I'd earn that back.

At the end of it all, you start to doubt yourself. "Had I really seen her indicating?" Was back today in the same place & saw cars turning my way & I'm certain now that I had. No way would I have shot out into a car going straight ahead

The funny side [?] was that we stood by the side of the road, waiting, & holding hands. When we were going she gave me a big weepy hug :rolleyes:

sorry to hear about your prang. :(

Gutted for you :(

If you were in town was there not any shops nearby that had CCTV? even inside they can catch outside events sometimes ........Just a thought

If you were in town was there not any shops nearby that had CCTV? even inside they can catch outside events sometimes ........Just a thought

Wouldn't make any difference, though, would it? It's still your fault if you pull out and somebody on the main road hits you, even if they were wrongly indicating. Gutted for you too, but learn the lesson and don't trust other drivers.

Paul.

Wouldn't make any difference, though, would it? It's still your fault if you pull out and somebody on the main road hits you, even if they were wrongly indicating. Gutted for you too, but learn the lesson and don't trust other drivers.

Paul.

It would on proportional blame, but then you would be in line for possible driving without due care, so I agree, bite the bullet and put it down as experience.

I NEVER believe other peoples indicators and always wait....I know it irritates other drivers but thats just the way it is! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your mishap :(

I NEVER believe other peoples indicators and always wait....I know it irritates other drivers but thats just the way it is! :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear of your mishap :(

Thats great practice , and correct , never assume that just because they are indicating left that they actually will , always wait to see if they do , because very often as not they will actually carry straight on , no ones perfect Vic and i feel for you .

As far as the insurance is concerned i'm pretty sure you would be held at fault because wether she was indicating or not you should have waited for her to actually make the turn .

I am so glad to read that you were unhurt though victor ........Also , ( quote ) " The funny side [?] was that we stood by the side of the road, waiting, & holding hands. When we were going she gave me a big weepy hug "

you have a certain Je Ne Sais Qua , you can interpret that how you like but i prefer to interpret it like this ...A style that can't be duplicated. :D All the best mate :thumbsup:

Je ne sais quoi

Our Vic is just a regular stud muffin, He crashes his car just to get a piece of tail.............

What a legend :)

Je ne sais quoi

Our Vic is just a regular stud muffin, He crashes his car just to get a piece of tail.............

:lol::lol: i just hope she was worth it , looks can be deceiving from a distance , saw a girl on a dance floor once , liked what i saw , went up and asked her for a dance , but when she turned round she had the mush of a canadian moose :eek: :lol2:

Je ne sais quoi

:lol::lol: i just hope she was worth it , looks can be deceiving from a distance , saw a girl on a dance floor once , liked what i saw , went up and asked her for a dance , but when she turned round she had the mush of a canadian moose :eek: :lol2:

At his age with failing sight he should be OK.

They say "Love Is Blind"....

Thats why men have to feel their way around :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for the sympathy & humorous comments which cheered me up :D

I didn't think of it at the time, but as Les said, there probably were CCTV cameras there as it is a dangerous junction & right beside the Courthouse. However, We came to an agreement & I'm not going back on my word.

It was my 1st prang, ever, & I wasn't thinking straight after it, so witnesses & CCTV never entered my mind.

Further to all that I was down the town today & met 2 Ladies of my acquaintance :D . One had heard the story already & the other hadn't, so I gave her a brief resume', naming names. The one who had already heard, exploded. "Jxxxs Cxxxst, Victor, you didn't tell me that ! I'll fxxxing beat the fxxxing head off you! She is an alcoholic, on tablets & in and out of the Mental Institution " She didn't appear to be under the influence, but Alcoholics never do.

The other Lady has a nephew in the Police/Guards & she is going to ask him was I in the right or not. She'll tell the 1st one who will e-mail me.

My car isn't bad but I'm not happy with the ding in my bonnet & will try to find if it can be pulled out & sprayed. I'm not going to town on it as the NCT/MOT have had orders to try to get old cars off the road. My test is due in May :(

Sorry to hear that mate, but am very pleased that you are o.k. I hope the Corolla comes out of the body shop all nice and shiny! :D

Sorry to hear that mate, but am very pleased that you are o.k. I hope the Corolla comes out of the body shop all nice and shiny! :D

Victor's ride will be very shiny, I heard he polishes it daily :D

He is always ready to rub his bodywork till it squeeks :rolleyes:

Only just seen this...............(been a bit involved on other things)

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Victor...............Glad to hear that you are not hurt...........(pride aside)

Hope that you get your car back and shiney soon.............................and Good luck with "pulling" the woman!! :lol:

Mine doesn't have a pink lid ! :sick:

What do you think I am ? :ffs: Gay ? :boxing: :lol2:

I just thought you were in touch with your feminine side :rolleyes:

(Edit Strange effect there...........)

I know someone who was told by the police that you are to bplame, even if the other person is indicating. This is why it drives me nuts when you see people driving for miles with their indicators on.. waiting for a crash to happen. It's even worse when you follow someone on the motorway doing it and people keep flashing them to let them move over.. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I know someone who was told by the police that you are to bplame, even if the other person is indicating. This is why it drives me nuts when you see people driving for miles with their indicators on.. waiting for a crash to happen. It's even worse when you follow someone on the motorway doing it and people keep flashing them to let them move over.. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Thats why God let man invent Rocket Propelled Grenades :D

Role Playing Games??? :lol:

Ah wait...I see what you mean.. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links