Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sick As A Parrot

Bizarra

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one for you , almost had an accident yesterday whilst driving my Auris , not quite the same scenario as victors but similar in that the other driver was indicating left , basically i'm following a builders van approaching a mini roundabout , the left hand indicator go's on on the van and it starts to turn left at the mini roundabout , i wait till there's enough room for me to pass then proceed , but without warning the van starts to turn back round and into my path i can see captain meat-head at the wheel with a mobile phone pressed to his left ear ( obviously lost ) and his right hand on the wheel and he is about to slam into my nearside so i put the pedal to the metal , i managed to get out of the way.... Just , by the width of a !Removed! paper , i slow up and glance back at the idiot only to see that he is waiving his fist about and giving me dogs abuse , he clearly thinks it would have been my fault , so my question is this ... Had he collided into my nearside who would have been to blame ? , me or him ??

Here's one for you , almost had an accident yesterday whilst driving my Auris , not quite the same scenario as victors but similar in that the other driver was indicating left , basically i'm following a builders van approaching a mini roundabout , the left hand indicator go's on on the van and it starts to turn left at the mini roundabout , i wait till there's enough room for me to pass then proceed , but without warning the van starts to turn back round and into my path i can see captain meat-head at the wheel with a mobile phone pressed to his left ear ( obviously lost ) and his right hand on the wheel and he is about to slam into my nearside so i put the pedal to the metal , i managed to get out of the way.... Just , by the width of a fag paper , i slow up and glance back at the idiot only to see that he is waiving his fist about and giving me dogs abuse , he clearly thinks it would have been my fault , so my question is this ... Had he collided into my nearside who would have been to blame ? , me or him ??

You, you tried to overtake on the inside on a roundabout.. Tish, tish :D :P :lol:

Here's one for you , almost had an accident yesterday whilst driving my Auris , not quite the same scenario as victors but similar in that the other driver was indicating left , basically i'm following a builders van approaching a mini roundabout , the left hand indicator go's on on the van and it starts to turn left at the mini roundabout , i wait till there's enough room for me to pass then proceed , but without warning the van starts to turn back round and into my path i can see captain meat-head at the wheel with a mobile phone pressed to his left ear ( obviously lost ) and his right hand on the wheel and he is about to slam into my nearside so i put the pedal to the metal , i managed to get out of the way.... Just , by the width of a !Removed! paper , i slow up and glance back at the idiot only to see that he is waiving his fist about and giving me dogs abuse , he clearly thinks it would have been my fault , so my question is this ... Had he collided into my nearside who would have been to blame ? , me or him ??

You, you tried to overtake on the inside on a roundabout.. Tish, tish :D :P :lol:

I know what you are saying Raist , but like i said it was a mini roundabout and for me to pass him he would have had to have had 3 quarter of his van in the road to which he was indicating and had basically turned into , before changing his mind and swinging back round , like i said i think he was lost , i'm not sure i would have been in the right which is why i have asked the question , but had we collided i would have called the police straight away and got them to check his phone record ( the old bill don't always turn up of course ) but i'm sure the fact that he was using a hand held mobile whilst driving could have had a bearing on the outcome ?? ...... anyone else have any views on this ??

Never take any notice of an indicator, they lie - ask Vic :D

I've just had an accident in my car.

It's my own fault, I pulled out without checking first.

There's jizz all over seats now.

I never do trust an indicator , like i said to victor , i always wait for someone to make the turn when i am at a t-junction before i pull out , this was different in that he actually turned into the turning then swung back round , if his intention all along was to do an about turn then he should have indicated right , so yes i agree with you up to a point , however its definately taught me a lesson in that i won't trust people on mini roundabouts either , i do also have an issue with the siting of some of these roundabouts in that where they are sited the road is too narrow to accomadate them , they are not a proper roundabout in that they are simply a white blob painted on the road , and you more or less have to do a 3point turn in order to get round one , i'm sure the council planners are well intentioned when siting these white blobs , in that they assist people in turning onto the main drag from a side road , but i do feel that they should put more thought into where they actually site them as they can cause more problems than they are actually worth .

I do agree with your comments and at least this time you got away with it.

They are normally introduced as a form of traffic calming exercise as they know you have to slow down to navigate them.

I used to live in London many years ago and that got me in to defencive driving and I use this method all the time and touch wood haven't had an accident,

I've seen hundreds as I have sped by :P :D :lol:

Fit CCTV in our cars and when someone does anything untoward, post up the video with registration details, date, time etc, to name and shame them (I did it with this old fart

).......just make sure WE are never a star in one of these video's ;) :lol:

Fit CCTV in our cars and when someone does anything untoward, post up the video with registration details, date, time etc, to name and shame them (I did it with this old fart
).......just make sure WE are never a star in one of these video's ;) :lol:

Maybe he knew he was being filmed and was just showing off :D

Well, the lesson I learned a couple of weeks ago stuck & thank God :rolleyes:

Exactly the same spot, yesterday, with nothing coming from my left & one car from my right with indicator going to turn in beside me :fear: I DIDN'T move & at the last second she clicked off her indicator , gave me a wave & drove straight ahead :ffs:

If I'd been expecting the wave I'd have given a two fingered one back & not the Japanese sign of peace :D

Exactly the same spot, yesterday, with nothing coming from my left & one car from my right with indicator going to turn in beside me :fear: I DIDN'T move & at the last second she clicked off her indicator , gave me a wave & drove straight ahead :ffs:

If I'd been expecting the wave I'd have given a two fingered one back & not the Japanese sign of peace :D

What is wrong with the women in your area ?

Oh Yeah, there in a car :P

What is wrong with the women in your area ?

Oh Yeah, there in a car :P

Unnecessarily brutal, but liked it. :D :lol:

They are normally introduced as a form of traffic calming exercise as they know you have to slow down to navigate them.

The comment above regarding mini roundabouts gave me a wee chuckle , normally the only way to navigate them is simply to drive straight over the top of them , most are not even raised , merely white paint on the road :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links