Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Seats

Bushweiser

Hi all. Done about 11k in my little beast now, and i think apart from showing it off the first couple of times people have seen it my back seats have been down.

Thinking of taking them out as they're just dead weight. Has anybody already done this, and if so is it considerably louder?

It looks as though there are only a few screws to take out. If anyone has already done this, let me know if there are any cables etc I need to be weary of (can't see any).

I'll post pics up of before and after, providing that the weather is ok.

The seaats are not so heavy (don't have the weight) but just try to take down the seats and you'll see how more noisy it is.

The seaats are not so heavy (don't have the weight) but just try to take down the seats and you'll see how more noisy it is.

That's just it. My seats have been down since I got the car. I'll be looking at this now, as the sun has come up. I'll let everyone know my results. I'll even see if I can get the weight of them

some one has done it on this forum somewhere

there are two metal suports that makes the job more of a pain

if you do it theres room for a spare wheel

some one has done it on this forum somewhere

there are two metal suports that makes the job more of a pain

if you do it theres room for a spare wheel

Actually there is plenty of room for a spare lying on the folded down rear seats anyway, or you can put the spare upright on the folded down seat behind the driver and use the seat behind the passengers seat normally.

OK if you only need to carry one person in the back.

I have never had to, so my spare wheel just lies flat on the folded down seats, with a cover over it.

hi i would find some way of holding that wheel down cos heaven forbid if you had a prang

thats gonna take your head off

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a prang with anything bigger then a bird, do you really think you will survive. It has 9 airbags, that just proves that you are going to get hurt.

• 1 month later...

We're going to spend a couple of weeks camping in France with the iQ in early June so I thought I'd also investigate removing the rear seats to get some more luggage space. Seeing as no one else seems to have put up a photo of this yet, here is what it looks like:

DSC_9763.jpg

It's very easy to do. First remove the storage box by removing the plastic screw on either side (inside the box, just do a 1/4 turn by hand and remove). Lift the box out and then remove the 6x 12mm bolts (3 on either side). You'll need to lift the bottom of the seats up to get to the two closest to the front of the car. Unclip the seatbelt sensor and lift the seats out (carefully so as not to scratch the cheap trim!). I've put the bolts back in place so I don't lose them, so you can see them in the photo. Although the seat backs feel very light, the bottom section and the metal bar that they're attached to are surprisingly heavy. Should help cram in a bit more camping gear anyway B)

DSC_9763.jpg

A made to measure false floor (plywood with a felt covering) and that would look very neat. No need for the seats :thumbsup:

A made to measure false floor (plywood with a felt covering) and that would look very neat. No need for the seats :thumbsup:

Good plan...trip to B&Q tomorrow I reckon!

If you have a prang with anything bigger then a bird, do you really think you will survive. It has 9 airbags, that just proves that you are going to get hurt.

You think you don't?

Then why drive it?

My Yaris also has 9 airbags! The more the merrier, probably proves that you won’t get hurt ;)

My Yaris also has 9 airbags! The more the merrier, probably proves that you won’t get hurt ;)

If anyone recalls the scene in the recent BBC series Day Of The Triffids, Eddie Izard protected himself in an aircrash by locking himself in a toilet and inflating a pile of under-seat inflatable jackets. The more bags the better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links