Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Aygo Floor Mats Catching On Pedals

wez_kc

HI All

Right i'm not trying to throw more wood into the re-call fire, but all this talk of pedals getting stuck and the seperate issue of floor mats which seems to be getting coverage only in America has compelled me to write about my expireance with my previous car Aygo blue 09. Though it never caused me any serious trouble, in some circumstances i'm sure it could. In the Aygo there is just one floor anchor point to the right hand side of the drivers floor carpet mat that holds it down. Now over time and wear on the mats, also due to dampness I found my drivers mat curled up slightly at the front edges. Under certain driving situations I found that as I depressed the accelorater pedal It would sometimes get caught with the carpet floor mat on top! I find that the mat pivots clockwise on the locking point from the movement of your feet against the mats, causeing the mat to curl up and catch along the pedals, this in its self didnt cause me to speed up but it caused a slight loss of control while I fiddled with the floor mat to gain access to the pedals, including break pedals. At the time I never really questioned it I just thought it was bad design but in the spotlight of the recent re-calls I like to inform Aygo owners to excerise caution with the carpet and I belive plastic mats as they all anchor on that one point on the floor. I have a Toyota IQ now and that has two anchor points and I have no issue with the mats now. If I was an Aygo owner I would remove ANY Mats that are ancored down on the ONE ancor point. I think toyota UK should be informed of this as I think it affects the UK as well as the USA. They should have two anchor points on all the vehicles as a precaution. Im not scare monging i'm just informing you all as I had an Aygo before and it was something i encounted that really didnt hit me untill all this media exposure. I have driven a Yaris, Auris, IQ and Aygo and noticed Aygo was the only model with just the one anchor point, all the other models had two left and right side to lock it down.

To summarise I believe the one Anchor point on the right hand side of the drivers floor mat is not enough to hold the floor mats in contact with the floor in all driving situations. Please leave some comments below. Has anyone had this issue with other models? I honestly think Aygo drivers should remove any mats under the drivers foot for now.

I have to say that my car has 2 anchor points for the floormat . My floormat is the correct toyota brand auris floormat , however the holes in the mat do not line up with the holes in the carpet and therefore i cannot anchor the mat down , this results in the mat constantly riding up towards the pedals , this has as yet not caused any problems for me though as regards the pedal getting caught , its irritating more than anything else as every now and then i have to pull the mat back in place , i don't mean whilst driving of course , but once every 2 or 3 days .

I have to say that my car has 2 anchor points for the floormat . My floormat is the correct toyota brand auris floormat , however the holes in the mat do not line up with the holes in the carpet and therefore i cannot anchor the mat down , this results in the mat constantly riding up towards the pedals , this has as yet not caused any problems for me though as regards the pedal getting caught , its irritating more than anything else as every now and then i have to pull the mat back in place , i don't mean whilst driving of course , but once every 2 or 3 days .

Why not spend a few quid on some doublesided carpet tape.

This should keep you safe ;)

now why did'nt i think of that :thumbsup: nice one , i'll do that this weekend . I should'nt have to of course as the holes should line up , but for some reason they don't ... never mind :rolleyes: carpet tape it is then .

now why did'nt i think of that :thumbsup: nice one , i'll do that this weekend . I should'nt have to of course as the holes should line up , but for some reason they don't ... never mind :rolleyes: carpet tape it is then .

Velcro would be a better proposition..........That way you can lift the mats when you want to check for leaks ;)

So the leaking car caused the ill fitting floor mats to try and kill you.

Wow.

And people ask me why after 9 Toyotas I decided to move away from the brand, and called me a cynic for saying "they are not built like they used to be.

OR................................ Buy an old Toyota & sail through life, trouble free :spiteful::lol:

Except at giveways..... :shutit:

And people ask me why after 9 Toyotas I decided to move away from the brand, and called me a cynic for saying "they are not built like they used to be.

"During the war..." :D

Paul.

OR................................ Buy an old Toyota & sail through life, trouble free :spiteful::lol:

Except at giveways..... :shutit:

Ouch ! :boxing: :lol2:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got back from my toyota dealership after having the accelerator pedal fix done , i can positively report that my front floormats have been changed free of charge for mats with the correct anchor points for my car :thumbsup: at first i was told that my mats had been removed and placed in the boot because they could not be anchored with toyota anchor clips because the holes did not line up , they explained that the mats were probably made for an 07 plate auris , the anchor points on an 08 model are not in the same place and there in lies the fault , i explained that the mats were thrown in as part of my deal when i bought the car , so its not my fault , the very nice lady said that she would have a word with the manager , the outcome is that i now have 2 new front mats and the driver side mat is now anchored to the carpet :D , also my car was washed and cleaned , i was also given a £20 credit note that i can use towards any repair up untill december , plus a safety check report , plus toyota will post out a goodwill gesture in the form of a £20 marks & spencer voucher , so credit where credits due , all in all an excellent service of which i cannot fault ..... however :lol: my only gripe is that my accelerator pedal now feels light as a feather where as before it had a much firmer feel to it , i dont like the over light feel it now has , but i suppose its just a case of getting used to it :yes:

I have just got back from my toyota dealership after having the accelerator pedal fix done , i can positively report that my front floormats have been changed free of charge for mats with the correct anchor points for my car :thumbsup: at first i was told that my mats had been removed and placed in the boot because they could not be anchored with toyota anchor clips because the holes did not line up , they explained that the mats were probably made for an 07 plate auris , the anchor points on an 08 model are not in the same place and there in lies the fault , i explained that the mats were thrown in as part of my deal when i bought the car , so its not my fault , the very nice lady said that she would have a word with the manager , the outcome is that i now have 2 new front mats and the driver side mat is now anchored to the carpet :D , also my car was washed and cleaned , i was also given a £20 credit note that i can use towards any repair up untill december , plus a safety check report , plus toyota will post out a goodwill gesture in the form of a £20 marks & spencer voucher , so credit where credits due , all in all an excellent service of which i cannot fault ..... however :lol: my only gripe is that my accelerator pedal now feels light as a feather where as before it had a much firmer feel to it , i dont like the over light feel it now has , but i suppose its just a case of getting used to it :yes:

With your standard of driving it won't matter :P

Proffesional & accomplished , i know exactly what you mean :P :lol: ......

There is only one F and two S's in... :lol: :D :P

:blink::blush: ..... big _ead :lol:

:blink::blush: ..... big _ead :lol:

Just coz I know how to spell Accomplished :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links