Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help, My Cars Broken Its Arm!

miniwitto

Hi everyone im new to this forum and i joined in search of some decent advice, this seemed a very wise place to find it!

Anyways when it was snowing a few weeks back now i went round a corner, it must have been at 10-15mph and the car diddnt turn and resulted in my iq hitting/going up the curb, luckily i diddnt hit any pedestrians or lamp posts or anything. However after the incodent for my car to drive straight i had to turn the wheel slightly to the left. Not a problem, just the tracking (i thought). When i went to get the tracking done at the tyre place they had discovered that it wasnt just the tracking but my passenger side lower arm has been bent downwards and twisted (a lot).

The tyre place has a reasonable reputation for being good quality aswell as being cheap and they told me they can get the part from thier supplier for £290 so for the part, labour and tracking they want to charge me £320 which i dont really want to have to pay!

Does anyone know of any cheaper solution to my problem? i was hoping that perhaps a toyota aygos lower arm from the scrappy might fit?

Please get back to me if you think you can help, thanks!

Hi everyone im new to this forum and i joined in search of some decent advice, this seemed a very wise place to find it!

Anyways when it was snowing a few weeks back now i went round a corner, it must have been at 10-15mph and the car diddnt turn and resulted in my iq hitting/going up the curb, luckily i diddnt hit any pedestrians or lamp posts or anything. However after the incodent for my car to drive straight i had to turn the wheel slightly to the left. Not a problem, just the tracking (i thought). When i went to get the tracking done at the tyre place they had discovered that it wasnt just the tracking but my passenger side lower arm has been bent downwards and twisted (a lot).

The tyre place has a reasonable reputation for being good quality aswell as being cheap and they told me they can get the part from thier supplier for £290 so for the part, labour and tracking they want to charge me £320 which i dont really want to have to pay!

Does anyone know of any cheaper solution to my problem? i was hoping that perhaps a toyota aygos lower arm from the scrappy might fit?

Please get back to me if you think you can help, thanks!

Sorry to read of your misfortune.

The Aygo is completely different, and anyway I wouldn't advise using second hand steering components, certainly not from a scrappy.

It was caused by an "accident" so it could be covered by insurance but you would have to pay the "excess" and lose any no claims discount you may have.

I think you may just have to grin and bear it and pay for the repair to be done correctly...perhaps get some quotes from different places?

I would go to Toyota first and get them to look at it, so they can tell you the exact parts/part numbers you need, then maybe try Kingo on here, he might be able to get you the parts cheaper than Toyota, then shop around for fitting at a few places

ok cool thanks guys, ill go to toyota, get a quote from them aswell as the part numbers and then speak to kingo to see if he can help me, ill also try another garage i know of. I think im just gonna have to pay because im not gonna loose my no claims at any cost!!

Thankyou

miniwitto

I would go to Toyota first and get them to look at it, so they can tell you the exact parts/part numbers you need, then maybe try Kingo on here, he might be able to get you the parts cheaper than Toyota, then shop around for fitting at a few places

How do i get hold of kingo? i cant find him on the members list :wacko:

How do i get hold of kingo? i cant find him on the members list :wacko:

His Forum name is Parts-King:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=34014

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links