Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels

Chris81

Was cleaning my alloys at the weekend and noticed some discolouring on my front alloys. They're the stock Yaris t-sport alloys. In the 'corners' at the end of the spokes the wheels are turning a light shade of bronze. As it was only on the fronts I was wondering if it was down to brake dust but have never seen/heard of this phenomenon before. I clean the wheels regularly and I'm guessing this yellowing has happened over a long period of time rather than overnight.

Has anybody else experienced this? Would some wonder wheels help? I've read that that's quite abrasive so would rather not use it.

Usually yellowing of the laquer or finish is due to heat... but as it is at the end of the spokes, not near the hub I'd go with the above.

Not to worry though, the laquer will all fall off soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Usually yellowing of the lacquer or finish is due to heat... but as it is at the end of the spokes, not near the hub I'd go with the above.

Not to worry though, the lacquer will all fall off soon!

Along with the rest of the alloy :lol:

(Seriously tho', I really hope hose alloys are better than the ones which came with my Yaris... The corrosion on them was awful :( Thanks again PaulT! Your ones are still dead shiney :D Or they will when I get around to cleaning them :unsure:)

I had some Farecla G3 lying around and gave it a try - worked a treat. Cheers eddie! :thumbsup:

No problem glad I could help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links