Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Sensors

kmrobertson3

Hi I'm a newbie here and just bought a Rav T180 and wondered if it is easy to fit the parking sensors myself or would I have to go to a dealer?

And also where is the best and cheapest place to buy genuine Toyota parts i.e. mud flaps, side steps, parking sensors, towbar.

I appreciate any input assistance any of you can offer

Thanks

Keith

Hi I'm a newbie here and just bought a Rav T180 and wondered if it is easy to fit the parking sensors myself or would I have to go to a dealer?

And also where is the best and cheapest place to buy genuine Toyota parts i.e. mud flaps, side steps, parking sensors, towbar.

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith and welcome to the club.

For genuine parts I doubt you will do better than Kingo our resident parts man LINK. If you send him a personal message with your requirements he will quote you a very competetive price.

As for fitting parking sensors, there are others here with experience of that and will no doubt advise accordingly. If you need side steps I have a new set advertised on the 'For sale' page ;)

Enjoy your RAV.

David

I fitted an aftermarket set, but that was to my last Rav, which was a 4.2. It was pretty straightforward.

On buying my current Rav, a 4.3, I decided on an aftermarket reversing camera rather than sensors.

For this you have a couple of options pinned above in the maintainence/hints and tips section. As for

anyone doing a guide, to be honest, the Toyota instructions make it pretty straightforward so probably

thats why no-one has pinned a guide. Having said that, a few have done it, so try using the search function

which may give some tips. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Keith

Keith,

Had mine fitted before delivery of my T180 part of 'Protection Package' very expensive.

Make sure you have an isolator switch fitted if you are thinking of towing - mine never had one fitted

I am sure you will really like your T180, they are great

Guy

Hi Keith

I fitter aftermarket ones to my 4.3 and I have to admit that they are very easy to fit. You are able to download the instuctions from the Toyota site.

One word of advice, I think that you might be better off fitting the toyota ones rather than some aftermarket ones. The ones that I fitted beep on my gravel drive as the bumper on the rav bumper is quite low to the ground and it angles down to the ground as well.

If you need any help let me know.

Cheers

Hi Keith,

Also had mine fitted as part of the protection package when ordered my T180 in '06. I feel they are over sensitive and seem to pick up on a snail walking across the drive way! Had Mr T's fitted on my previous 4.2 RAV and felt sensitivity was just right. Definitely agree with one of the other member's comments make certain you have or fit yourself the switch in the boot to turn them off if you are towing (nothing worse than trying to launch your jetski in the summer with hoardes of onlookers and the bl**dy beep is incessant lol)

Regards

J

If you fit them yourself, take care where you position them, as I thought it was just my MrT' fitted TPA400's (cheeper than the protection pack) that were uber sensitive. I had some on a Verso and Colorado which were OK. These on the RAV seem to collect water(?) when its been raining and howl until the breeze has dried them off.

I think there is new sensors that have no groove and come body coloured. I will be covering fitting soon with photos so sit tight for now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links