Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Japanese Management Didn't Bow Deep Enough

cootuk

OMG

Sky News are now reporting that, for the latest Toyota press meeting, the Toyota managment didn't bow deep enough in apology. Though a longer bow would show culpability rather than contrition.

OMG

Sky News are now reporting that, for the latest Toyota press meeting, the Toyota managment didn't bow deep enough in apology. Though a longer bow would show culpability rather than contrition.

Surely the manufacturers of the pedal should be bowing much lower and longer than the Japanese?

..... ahhh the pedal was manufactured by...... an american company, so that won't happen then...

Surely the manufacturers of the pedal should be bowing much lower and longer than the Japanese?

..... ahhh the pedal was manufactured by...... an american company, so that won't happen then...

Interesting point to debate!

Who will pay the bill for a couple of million repairs? Toyota initially obviously but I bet the pedal manufacturers are insured........so that probably means all of us in hiked insurance premiums :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think the fact that losing £1.25 billion is payment enough but maybe I have the wrong gauge of a lot of money.... :rolleyes:

Media needs to shut it..... yes, Toyota messed up, but it doesn't help anything when they scare everyone.

And as far as car manufacturers go, Toyota are the best of the best in my opinion and its unfair to take them to the cleaners. What about all the very serious flaws and accidents that other car manufacturers (particularly American) vehicles caused?

Toyota don't make cars anyway near as well as they used to yet be announcing record profits...

Maybe all the fuss and bad PR will give them the proverbial kick up the bum they need to take a step in the right direction again...

Let’s face it, dodgey brakes, dodgey accelerators, leaky, rusting aygos, generally horrid Auris with plenty of complaints on the auris section, nothing remotely interesting or sporty, (Is the fastest UK Toyota still the landcruiser??) no surprise people like me have moved away from the brand (despite being a big fan of Toyota of old and having had 9 of them!)

Maybe if the FT-86 is any good and built properly a few old fans will come back... Fingers crossed it will go stop and steer like it should, won’t rust or leak, and won’t have a flimsy plasticy interior like a cheap Sony stereo.

Toyota don't make cars anyway near as well as they used to yet be announcing record profits...

Maybe all the fuss and bad PR will give them the proverbial kick up the bum they need to take a step in the right direction again...

Let’s face it, dodgey brakes, dodgey accelerators, leaky, rusting aygos, generally horrid Auris with plenty of complaints on the auris section, nothing remotely interesting or sporty, (Is the fastest UK Toyota still the landcruiser??) no surprise people like me have moved away from the brand (despite being a big fan of Toyota of old and having had 9 of them!)

Maybe if the FT-86 is any good and built properly a few old fans will come back... Fingers crossed it will go stop and steer like it should, won’t rust or leak, and won’t have a flimsy plasticy interior like a cheap Sony stereo.

Well said mate, I am definitely a fan of older Toyotas, because they genuinly did make a good car at a better price, but they have gotten the accountants opinion too mixed with the customers. Penny pinching works in the short term, but will ultimately lead to their downfall.

Toyota, please receive this mighty kick up the jaxy wih good grace, and spend a little extra on sorting it out, for good! ;)

TBH no manufacturers are making cars like they used too (with exception of maybe ford who have gone up in my estimation)

at the end of the day eco laws etc mean that more money has to be used elsewhere in cars leaving less for the bits we see and feel.

case in point, the Bugatti veyron, awesome car very well put together. but £1m not many people will buy them and Audi lose money on every one.

my point is people will only pay so much for a car, so to turn a profit the cost of manufacture has to be lower meaning cheaper parts.

the interesting thing with all this media is it all comes from over the pond. is it just coincidence that GM is just about kaput?

is America trying to damage Toyota to improve GM's position?

most of the Toyota's in America are built there. there are 4 or 5 very large Toyota plants in the USA.

I'm just very surprised that no one has brought GM into the light (before now) on how awful their cars were and still are!

They use tic tac packets for trim, leaf-springs, 30 year old V8's with fuel economy to make a Train proud of itself and their chassis have the worst handling that I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. They roll round corners and rock forwards and back when you go over a pot-hole! For goodness sake, have the good grace to die now so that we can have something called 'coil-springs' fitted to cars....

As for Toyota, you messed up, people do. You will fix it and stop penny pinching if you know what's good for you. ;)

most of the Toyota's in America are built there. there are 4 or 5 very large Toyota plants in the USA.

And we are moaning about build quality........

Coincidence??? :lol:

they dont export that much :(

the cars we get in the UK and europe are built in europe and japan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links