Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cambelt

youngtell

hi to all, thanks for replies on towbar ,that s done, i have decided to have cambelt done rav 4. gx.auto 2 litrepetrol 1998 {have no record from previous owner) am just off to get kit , for the mechanik should i replace anything else like the waterpump [working fine) does tha aircon get affected,all the best youngtell... PS any body in bournemouth be good to sat hi .PPPs it went straight through the mot,yum pppps doest it actually have a cam belt,how do i find out

I could be wrong but I`m pretty sure the petrol engines have a timing chain and not a cam belt, if it a chain it won`t need replacing. Unless its broken of course

I could be wrong but I`m pretty sure the petrol engines have a timing chain and not a cam belt, if it a chain it won`t need replacing. Unless its broken of course

thanks ,i wonder if that chain is on the 2000 on,it looks like the early models have a cambelt , me i dont know .

I think there has been a thread about this. My 4.2 has a camshaft(s) chain and an auxiliary belt for the water pump etc. Can't comment on the 4.1 but others will. I've had the water pump replaced which needed the aux belt but I think it is different on the 4.1

I think there has been a thread about this. My 4.2 has a camshaft(s) chain and an auxiliary belt for the water pump etc. Can't comment on the 4.1 but others will. I've had the water pump replaced which needed the aux belt but I think it is different on the 4.1

thanks i only think (i dont know) that because my ravis 1998 2 litre pet auto gx it might to have a cam belt , i have provis ionally ordered a cam belt kit plus a water pump and crankshaft and cam seals at front.whether this is correct welcome feedback.youngtell

1998, yes it dose have a cam belt.

I know because iv got one.

cheers

thatman.

thanks for info yep am off to parts to get cam kit , seals and invest in waterpump,decided to do my bit for the rav,best to all,if theres any thing ishould maintain on rav plese let me know thanks ,youngtell

We we bought my wife's 98 RAV4 about 2 years ago, the cambelt was replaced but not the waterpump. The Waterpump bearing on the cambelt failed earlier this year resulting in a big bill from the Mr T. You are doing the right thing....

1998, yes it dose have a cam belt.

I know because iv got one.

cheers

thatman.

thanks for info yep am off to parts to get cam kit , seals and invest in waterpump,decided to do my bit for the rav,best to all,if theres any thing ishould maintain on rav plese let me know thanks ,youngtell

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links