Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering.....

CraigT

Since I got my 17's Ive mentioned that there is quite a bit of shudder at high speeds and I really had to concentrate on keeping the car in a straight line.

The wheels came with the tyres and being the lazy ba$tard that I am I never bothered to check the tyre pressures......until Yesterday. Oops!

Erm.....the rears were at 29. One of the fronts was also at 29 and the other front was at 20.

That'll be the problem then :blink:

Corrected the tyre pressures and hey presto! High speeds are fun again!

PS: For all you 17" MR2 owners, what tyre pressure do you use?

I'm still having problems with my stock 14's, I have the whole lot set at 32 and it wanders all over the place.. I'm hoping there is nothing loose underneith.

Dont want to be doing 70mph and watching one of my wheels bounce off in the rear view!

I'm on 17's .. but with my suspension being lowered and stiffened it'll be compleatly different to how you use yours ..

I like a firm ride and do a lot of M'way miles .. so usually 30's for the front and 32 for the rears (have been know to vary them by +/- 4 psi depending on mood).

Well I have it at 34 at the back and 32 and the front though I may well drop this all round by about 2. At the moment though it seems to feel quite nice as it is :thumbsup:

Higher presures work best on the 14's jappy.

atm i'm running 28 front and 32 rear, ride doesnt feely very nice tho, and tire flex it realy high, think these pressures are best suited to the 15's.

I normally have my pressures 30/32front then 34 rear. I like the handling, and drivability at those pressures, just that i'm too lazy to go fill it up. Newcastle stink for air, NONE the petrol stations i've come have a digital pump, and u gotta pay for em, bah!!!

-Z

Paying for air, its a crazy world we live in :blink:

I find that when I pop in the 20p for air I manage to get 3 wheels done and then the machine goes off meaning I have to stick another 20p in for the remaining tyre :ffs:

I try and do it as quickly as possible too :unsure:

I find that when I pop in the 20p for air I manage to get 3 wheels done and then the machine goes off meaning I have to stick another 20p in for the remaining tyre 

i always finish with plenty of time left.

remove all the caps prior to popping in ur money, saves that extra 20p ;)

-Z

The harded you drive it the higher the pressures you should run as higher pressures prevent the tyres over heating.

Cherrs Zero! I'm gonna pump my rears up a bit more.

Air is free at my local BP station! and it digitally sets your tyre pressure.

ALL FREE!

I find that when I pop in the 20p for air I manage to get 3 wheels done and then the machine goes off meaning I have to stick another 20p in for the remaining tyre 

i always finish with plenty of time left.

remove all the caps prior to popping in ur money, saves that extra 20p ;)

-Z

You have got this down to a fine art I see :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links