Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Recalls

NickSw

I just parted with my 1990 LandCruiser. Not because I wanted to but the buyer wanted it so much, I haven't used it much recently and it has gone to a very good home. Still have an Auris SR180, Corolla T Spirit D4D and a wonderful Yaris. Didn't get a lot in payment for the LandCruiser except the satisfaction that it will be cherished.

I intend to buy another motor in a few months and that will be a Toyota.

We have all seen & heard the hype re. Toyota recalls.

Does anyone know where these originated? IE from Toyota or elsewhere? Rumours or fact?

I have never had any serious problems with Toyota and that goes right back to the Starlet I bought secondhand in about 1987. This went from me to my wife and then to our daughter. Little Starlet was finally retired in 2002

I recall a Mr. Nader embarked upon a crusade some decades ago.

Are there recognisable problems or is this anti-matter?

Nick.

What usually happens is the dealer network submit "Product reports" to the manufacturers. That is when a customer complains a certain feature or condition occurs. The manufacturer then monitors all product reports and weighs up any parts used, labour etc to complete the repair. All of these are reported back to componant suppliers and factorys to see if improvements can be made, very often a part might be modified and replaced in production, with no need to recall a car. If a problem escalates and the manufacturer deems it dangerous, then they are duty bound to inform VOSA that a recall is instigated. The VOSA WEBSITE gives further information. The manufacturer through VOSA contacts the DVLA to obtain the latest contact information and a recall is started

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links