Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con Regassed.

Madasafish

Just had my aircon regassed for the first time in the seven years since the car was registered. Outlet temperature fell from 7C to 3.6C...!

Cost £25= special winter offer Kwikfit....(ends end Feb).

Recommended...

Kwikfit.

Their normal price is £45 but in winter £25.

Took over an hour to do..

I believe offer ends end February.

In my view, too good to miss...

Sounds a good deal then!

Get it done cheaper before we have our scorching hot summer!! :rolleyes::lol:

Did they happen to try and flog you new tyres, brakes, exhaust, shocks, springs etc or is that just a myth? Cheap or not I'd never take my car to Kwik Fit unless I was desperate!

Did they happen to try and flog you new tyres, brakes, exhaust, shocks, springs etc or is that just a myth? Cheap or not I'd never take my car to Kwik Fit unless I was desperate!

No.

Surprisingly enough not.. In fact they were very professional.. (and yes, I have had bad dealings with them in the past - including losing bits off a Mini - the original Mini - which shows how old I am and how long ago that was:-(

In fact, they started off by measuring the output temperature from the air con and suggested I did not need it to be done. ! (It was 7C).. They were quiet at the time: only one other customer.

I insisted they did it.. a the car is 7 years old and never regassed...Afterwards the output was 3.7C...

They appear to have decent quality control as someone checks the work after completion and they ask you to fill in a questionnaire at home (attached to your invoice card).

When I was there - the whole effort lasted 1 hour 40 minutes- they checked a 1984 Citroen Visa for oil leaks for free (a regular customer) and quoted three others for tyre and brake replacement.

No hard selling as far as I could see.

I was impressed.. or maybe my local branch..- Congleton Cheshire - is just very good.

A far cry from the cowboys I recall of 20 years ago when I said I would never go back again.

(I have no connection with them nor have any friends or family!)

Sounds like you've got a good franchise, I doubt they're all like that. Same goes for all those types of places really. One user on here really likes National Tyres and Exhausts but the 2 branches near me are absolutely useless (wrong grade of oil used on my old Ford Zetec and promising to have an oil filter in stock for the OH's car then us getting there and discovering it wasn't in stock then promsing to order it in then never ever calling us back). A mate had new tyres fitted at the weekend by Rapid Fit who jacked the car up on his side skirt!

Of them all, I always find ATS to have the most decent staff. i was impressed when they fitted some tyres and torqued the nuts up afterwards.

By the way, did you ask him what else he did? (like on the adverts!!)

Sounds like you've got a good franchise, I doubt they're all like that...

Of them all, I always find ATS to have the most decent staff. i was impressed when they fitted some tyres and torqued the nuts up afterwards.

not only did they torque up the nuts up on replaced wheels but another fitter then checks them for the correct torque - wrench removed, one fitter goes away, another checks.. job card signed by both..

All depends what places you go to though. I go to the National Tyres & Exhaust branch in Chorley and i get on well with them, they give very professional work, are courteous and very helpfull. Plus the lads who work there are all sound.

The brother in law went to one of their branches in Wigan and had bad service though.

Same goes for Kwik fit. I once had a nightmare time at one of thier places when they messed up the rear brakes on the wife's fiesta years ago and i vowed never to go back and never have for 20yrs!

Basically if you find a good one, you go back. Jacking up a car on it's side skirts?? Well that's just unforgivable imo! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links