Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T/sr180

RaverT180

Hi Guys,

Been away for a year or so but car coming up for a service and mot next month and looks like I will need two new front tyres. I wondered if there have there been any developments on Mr T or Bridgestone's stance on the sad position we find ourselves in or do I just have to accept that I will be mugged for approx £700 in March for 2 tyres!?

Has anyone got or driven the Ford Kuga; is it a replacement worth considering?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated as my love affair with toyota is well and truly over next time around.

Regards,

J

Hi, I bought 2 RFT's last summer through Mr T's in Chichester, West Sussex @ £201.00 each. They use "National Tyre" in Bognor Regis.

As for the Ford - Found On Roadside Dead -? .

Although you probably don't feel in the mood for loyalty at the moment you really shouldn't miss a drive in a new RAV. They are a noticeable improvement on the first 4.3s.

If you do decide to "stray" I must admit I like the look of the Kuga but they are a lot better at styling than they are durability. To me a better proposition would be a CRV.

WE will be having discussions with TGB about run-flats but I'm afraid they are busy defending themselves against media trash.

Although you probably don't feel in the mood for loyalty at the moment you really shouldn't miss a drive in a new RAV. They are a noticeable improvement on the first 4.3s.

If you do decide to "stray" I must admit I like the look of the Kuga but they are a lot better at styling than they are durability. To me a better proposition would be a CRV.

WE will be having discussions with TGB about run-flats but I'm afraid they are busy defending themselves against media trash.

Thanx guys for your responses. My Toyota dealer in Colchester have the equipment to replace these bl**dy tires but relieved me of £356 last year when I picked up a screw; tyre didnt even deflate! Will just insist they just replace the tyres and not the ssr plus £60 labour as advised by Bridgestone geeza. Whether this works or not who knows.

I dont think its too easy to get an alternative, only based on the research I did last year there appeared to be only one if I remember correctly and that wasn't particularly cheap.

Sorry guys to be, shall I say a Cuckoo in the nest, but after 10 years of singing Mr T's praises to all my mates and relations I am damned if I will ever buy another Toyota after this and 2 warranty jobs on the T180. Think they lost sight of their main selling point to customers ie their reliabilty which always applied untill recently in favour of going to be the worlds biggest motor corporation. Follow your thoughts Anchorman a mate of mine had a CRV and regrets trading it in a couple of years ago. I really dont think there is any point in going to TGB on this matter as all I got back from them buggas was as asinine response saying these were the best option in safety for their customers (pity not one other motor manufacturer agrees) and you have 50 miles complete run flat capability to get back home. Only problem I have with this statement is that my handbook says 100miles!!!! Jez dread to think what the legal implications are for MrT if any T/SR180 owners lose control at between 50 and 100miles in run flat mode. Guess they got enough litigation coming from Toyota and Lexus owners in the States without any other crap of their own making.

Have a good weekend guys

Regards

J

I was in pretty much the same position as you a few weeks ago. I decided to get rid of the Toyota/Bridgestone system and bought 4 new alloys with 4 new Yokohama tyres for under £800!! My local Mr. T dealer was looking for £300 per tyre!! A bit cheaper than yours.

I was in pretty much the same position as you a few weeks ago. I decided to get rid of the Toyota/Bridgestone system and bought 4 new alloys with 4 new Yokohama tyres for under £800!! My local Mr. T dealer was looking for £300 per tyre!! A bit cheaper than yours.

Thanks for your input sywy. Glad you have got round this problem going forward. Think I'll just grin and swallow it this year cos the T180 will probably be outed next year.

Regards,

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links