Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Quite 21 Questions But A Few

NickyG

I recently saw a bodykit for the mk2 mr2. I have a green G-Limited `91, anyway this kit is called the Invader bodykit and looks like the veilside one but is cheaper. Can't find where to buy it though so help would be appreciated, also I want some new wheels for it cos I got these drop forged Momo 17's on there and they are heavy as *****.

But the main thing is I took chunks out of them when I lost it on a roundabout, it just understeered and plowed into the kerb, I was only doing about 40 but the ground was wet. I needed a new lower arm, sterring rack, suspension thingy and wheel hub. But a mate took the bits off his turbo and fitted em for me for 300 buck. (is that a good price?) But yeah, ideas on wheels also would be good, should I have smaller ones on it or bigger?

Oh and how the heck can I stop water from getting in when it rains. Toyota do some new seals for where the glass contacts the door which is the problem area but at 67 quidbucks each they can keep them, yaargh :wacko:

Hi,

Not a massive fav of that shape of body kit personally but everyone has different tastes! You looked on eBay for kits?

Opinions on wheels size vary on here too but quite a few say that 16inch is an ideal size.. personally I like 17's. Leaky T-Bars are common (mine leaks). There are a few things you can do like use rubber treatments to get them supple again, some have used sealant to get a better purchase on the glass. Like you said, you can buy new rubber or even the rod guides which help. Whatever you do dont use vasoline on the rubber as it eats into it. I just put up with the drips, makes up for it on the hot days with the roof off!!

Heres a link for leaky T-Tops at MR2.Com. I foundi t helpful.

http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk-2-mr2-sw20/To...-t-top-fix.html

I ended up trying the cheapest way:

http://www.kbox.ca/catalog/product_info.ph...products_id=444

These fixed the problem for the Drivers side... and slowed the passenger down alot. Enough to not worry about it... but then again i never sit in that seat anyway, so i guess its not my problem lol.

I got 18"s on mine, Im not really into street racing or anything so couldnt say much about performace, but they look nice =-D I also got the veilside, Only downside is (besides everyone's comments on apperance) Is the front bumper is extended really far and limits some places i can and cant go because of sharp inclines or declines. Even getting in some driveways can be difficult.

And as for the 300. sounds cheap cause Just my power Steering rack from toyota cost me 1,000 US$... Thats just the part.

Well good luck with the leak, youll probably just end up dealin with it just like the rest of us lol.

Thanks guys, that's given me a few options. My mate that fixed it is breaking his turbo totally now so I'm gonna get him to give me his seals just in case as his car never leaked. But first thing is try the cheap options, also just gonna have a look on eBay for kits now as I never thought of that. Peace

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links