Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Problem

TRS

Morning all,

Tried to get into the car this morning, no response to the key when pressing the unlock button. Eventually I manually open the door using the key and of course the alarm goes off :angry: As the key isn't working, no way I can turn it off so have to wait until it eventually shuts up - very embarrassing! By which time i'd shut the door again in panic and so it is now locked again. Went and got the spare key and again no response from the car to the buttons.

So, i'm assuming there is some sort of fault - is this something you get the breakdown company out for or is it a question of waiting until tomorrow to ring the dealer?

I didn't want an alarm in the first place, so am none too happy (although I guess the car would still be immobolised but now i'm petrified to go near it!). That's my plans for today out the window.....

Morning all,

Tried to get into the car this morning, no response to the key when pressing the unlock button. Eventually I manually open the door using the key and of course the alarm goes off :angry: As the key isn't working, no way I can turn it off so have to wait until it eventually shuts up - very embarrassing! By which time i'd shut the door again in panic and so it is now locked again. Went and got the spare key and again no response from the car to the buttons.

So, i'm assuming there is some sort of fault - is this something you get the breakdown company out for or is it a question of waiting until tomorrow to ring the dealer?

I didn't want an alarm in the first place, so am none too happy (although I guess the car would still be immobolised but now i'm petrified to go near it!). That's my plans for today out the window.....

I would get the RAC/Club Toyota involved. You have paid for a years membership when you bought the car, and they may have an easy solution.

Sorry I can't think of a way to help you myself!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links