Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replica Rev5 Spoiler....

Jimlad

link

Ok... I have bid on the above spoiler, but this was when I thought it was actually a genuine rev5 spoiler.

I emailed the bloke selling it and he wrote back saying...

"it's a replica but identical to the original in every

way. i have owned both and can honestly not tell the

difference. the only thing to make it different is

that it is non adjustable."

What so you guys think ? Does the fact that it's not adjustable really matter ? Not sure if I want it now knowing that it's not a genuine one.

I doubt it matters that much that it isnt adjustable, Ive had mine and left it as it is for 7 months as I dont have any alan keys to adjust it :lol:

Must get round to doing it some day to see what the other 2 settings look like B)

hmmm for £210? And your gonna have to respray it for a good £80 and fill in all the holes left behind by your rev1 spoiler and respray it over (another £50) thats like £340 odd quid which is what a 2nd hand proper spoiler will cost. Dont bother with it m8 save and get the proper one if you have £210 then your over half way there for a genuine 3 peice adjustable wing and not some cheaper fibreglass replica.

mm..

well I've been told you can make it fully adjustable with drilling some holes etc.

I now have a rev3 bootlid, hence no holes will need filled.

Also... All costs etc are included with my £2000 quote from the bodyshop.

I dunno.... £500 ish for a real rev5 spoiler... mm... a bit steep.

Stick it out jim and visit some scrappies, no point in *wastin* money, heh. Most if not 99% of 2's r scrapped due to front end damage so getting that shouldnt be too much of a prob.

-Z

doh!

Guess that's all you can do. Make up some blag saying that you just crashed the car so no point in gettin the spoiler (or summin), lol

-Z

Was it listed as a rev5? If so and its a copy then its not advertised right, so you are within your rights to not take it.

It is listed as a rev5, at no point does the auction point out its a copy.

"This is a brand new 3 piece, revision 5 spoiler for the MR2 SW20"

black and white mate.

just a suggestion but, couldn't you setup a new ID to outbid yourself with and then you wont get bad feedback on your 65 rating!! :arrgg-matey: naughty, but a good idea :D

Well whatever you do make sure you do it right, remember your bid is a contract, this isnt a game, and frankly if I was the seller I would be very pessed off with someone jerking me around, and would take every possible action to make sure the person pulling my chain got what they deserved.

Just my 2p.

and by the way, i know it's a little off the subject but did you fit those dials you got from eBay? thinking of getting some myself...... :)

any pics?

not yet mate.. not had the time. I will do as soon as I do have time.

I'll take photos etc as I fit them so I can post them up here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links