Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Detatchable Tow Ball

augur33

Hi all

Does anyone have a spare detatchable tow ball they want to sell to fit the toyota towbar as it was missing when we purchased the Rav.

Or does anyone know where we can get one for a sensible price.

Regards

Paul

Hi

If no one else on the forum can help, try Brinks technical support line Tel 02476 355 820 and speak to one of their guys.

Brink supply the OEM Toyota detachable towbars for the RAV4 (4.2 model) which I suspect you have.

Brink part Number for the complete genuine detachable bar supplied by Toyota (OEM) is 4089, I believe they can supply just the tow ball as a spare part.

To complicate matters Brink supply two bars for the 4.2 the genuine OEM, that does not allow the rear door to open, and a 20mm lower version (to special direct order part 3669 ). Before you order an arm you really need to double check which one you have as they have different bolt on receiver sockets and the removable tow bars arms are supposedly not compatible. (Legal)

(Note the main cross member is the same its just a different bolt on receiver socket and detachable tow ball)

When I last spoke with them Brink do not sell these parts directly, you have to buy it through one of their recommended suppliers. I was recommended Towing Equipment UK Ltd by their tech department (Sales@Towstore.co.uk) 00 353 1 456 4093/4159.

They are based in Dublin but the goods are shipped directly from Brinks stores in the UK.

Please check all the above before you order anything as my info is 4 years old

Best Regards

Ian

It's probable the Brink one but it could be either the Brinkmatic classic or their swan neck towball depending on tyre size and version of car. Have a look on brinktowbars (main page is down , access via a subpage using google) and the toyota techdoc websites.

I suspect before anyone can help, we will need the year and model of your RAV4.

Also was the tow bar supplied by Toyota ?

Ian

Good thinking Ian, at least someone is awake! :P

52 plate 3 door nrg and it has a Toyota plate on the towbar (Brinks)

Stupidly, I have edited my previous post rather than adding a new one

See my previous post regarding Brink who can almost certainly sort you out.

Regards

Ian

One final note, my info was for a 2004 4.2 5 door so as PMB sugested check your 3 doors details with Brink

Ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links