Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are There Reliable Brake Shops I Can Go To?

bokkie

Guys,

I've got a Corolla Verso (2002) and whilst it's not a wreck, it's an age where I don't really want to throw much money at it except for keeping it properly serviced. Toyota did a recent inspection and said the discs were worn but I don't know if they were referring just to the pads or the discs themselves. In the past, I've had discs on other cars I've owned reskimmed and I think that might be why Toyota are quoting about £350. I don;t know if that's reskimming or replacing so maybe someone knows better than I do? Certainly it's not a consistent price for the pads alone.

What I'd like to look at is to see if I can get a good overhaul done at a decent brake shop. I live in Crawley so anywhere around the Redhill/Reigate/Crawley region is preferred. If it does not infringe forum rules, could someone perhaps suggest a good shop that can do that kind of work? Maybe a good shop will charge as much as Toyota anyway in which case I'll go to Toyota but I'd like to save some money if I can but not at the expense of life-threatening shoddy workmanship. I think Kwikfit do something like this but they are the last place on earth I'd go to. Like they say, "You don't get !Removed! than a Kwikfit fitter!"

Many thanks for your help.

Peter.

Guys,

I've got a Corolla Verso (2002) and whilst it's not a wreck, it's an age where I don't really want to throw much money at it except for keeping it properly serviced. Toyota did a recent inspection and said the discs were worn but I don't know if they were referring just to the pads or the discs themselves. In the past, I've had discs on other cars I've owned reskimmed and I think that might be why Toyota are quoting about £350. I don;t know if that's reskimming or replacing so maybe someone knows better than I do? Certainly it's not a consistent price for the pads alone.

What I'd like to look at is to see if I can get a good overhaul done at a decent brake shop. I live in Crawley so anywhere around the Redhill/Reigate/Crawley region is preferred. If it does not infringe forum rules, could someone perhaps suggest a good shop that can do that kind of work? Maybe a good shop will charge as much as Toyota anyway in which case I'll go to Toyota but I'd like to save some money if I can but not at the expense of life-threatening shoddy workmanship. I think Kwikfit do something like this but they are the last place on earth I'd go to. Like they say, "You don't get sh1tter than a Kwikfit fitter!"

Many thanks for your help.

Peter.

Why don't you just get the discs replaced? :huh:

Try these guys, I have had work done by them and the are competent and resonably priced.

Also they are Crawley based.

http://www.mrclutch.com/brakes/5/brake-price-list

Thanks. It's interesting that they seem to charge according to the engine size. The point I'm making is that a cheap car and an expensive car of the same capacity are the same cost? I wonder why they do it like that. I'd have thought that they'd charge according to the relative cost of the replacement. Whatever the case, I'll give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the heads-up.

Peter.

Why don't you just get the discs replaced? :huh:

Good point. I thought that skimming was still done. It used to be the case the last time I replaced discs years and years ago. I've since learned that the discs on our car are vented so skimming would not be an option anyway? Way back when, new discs were very expensive but a local brake shop confirmed that they only replace which is fine by me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links