Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Club Toyota Going From Rac To Aa?

Cyker

Just noticed this on the Club Toyota site; Says from 1 April they're switching from using the RAC to the AA.

Thoughts?

I'm a little worried this is a 'lowest bidder' thing. :(

if that was the case they would probably go with somebody like Greenflag ...

don't think that there's much wrong with the AA .

Just noticed this on the Club Toyota site; Says from 1 April they're switching from using the RAC to the AA.

Thoughts?

I'm a little worried this is a 'lowest bidder' thing. :(

I was an Rac member for many years , my experiences with them are in the main not happy ones , if you are unfortunate enough to brake down , the chances are you will have a long wait , on one occasion they took almost 4 hours to get to me when i broke down in Hampstead ... yes Hampstead London !!!! not out in a country lane somewhere . Their personnel i found had limited skills , plus my cab had to placed on a top loader when the RAC guy decided it had to go to a garage to be fixed , it could not be towed for mechanical reasons , the RAC did not own any top loaders at the time , ( i don't know if this is still the case ) and would sub the job out .

I should add though that all my call-outs with them were whilst i was driving my cab , my cars never broke down on me , the main reason i went with the RAC in the first place was because they were cheaper than the AA , fortunately around 5 or 6 years back they decided to stop covering black cabs on existing policy's and introduced a pay per call out policy , ( Big mistake on their part , with around 26,000 cabs in London and a substantial proportion covered with them they lost a lot of business ) so i made the switch to the AA and have not looked back , on the 2 occasions that i have had to call the AA out they were with me in 20 to 30 minutes and my cab was fixed at the roadside , the only thing i will say though , is that the AA try to increase the price of my cover by around 30% year on year regardless of whether i have made a call out or not , this is always resolved by me telling them that i will leave if the price is not compatible with their competitors , and the price is then reduced again to an acceptable level .

I would say going on my experiences that the AA offer a better level of service with better trained personnel :thumbsup: Cheapest ( the RAC ) is not always best .

Just about to renew my club Toyota membership £59. Does anyone else have any views regarding the change from the RAC to the AA?? I've had it for 2 years now & luckily have never had cause to use it. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Well even if they weren't as good, you'd still stick with Club Toyota; You're getting the max level cover for half the price! :D

(Actually, I better check what the cover is under the AA version! Anyone got any info? Parts-King? :D) )

Well even if they weren't as good, you'd still stick with Club Toyota; You're getting the max level cover for half the price! :D

(Actually, I better check what the cover is under the AA version! Anyone got any info? Parts-King? :D) )

I phoned up to renew & asked about the changover to AA - the guy said the cover will be exactly the same. They will be sending letters out to all members before the change.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links