Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tubby And N/a Headgaskets The Same?

midmotorsteve

So anyway TRD/HKS etc all make metal gaskets for 3sg(t)e by are they exactly that,?? do they fit either?? I want a metal gasket in my normally aspirated, so want to know if i'm safe ordering a TRD one for an early tubby for use on my early 3sge.

Also ARP head bolts same deal?

would have thought so .. cause I know they changed the cams and the turbo/intake manafold - but they don't mention a new head .. EPC ??

i know the blocks are the same bar a few extra oil drillings so would think the head gaskets are the same.

just one point though what are you planning that requires a metal head gasket and arp studs? :unsure:

Thinking more bomb proof than anything else. However just sold the mk1, and decided not to get a kit car so was thinking of doing the metal headgasket and arp studs as a start for other 'upgrades', the standard gaskets can't be very good after all as so many people have problems with them. Mine went once, i rebuilt but didn't skim, now its all steamy again, so want do do it properly. Also thinking cams, springs. Maybe lightweight forged pistons as i'm sure it could 'do' with new rings as it has 135,000 miles on it. so if rings done may as well do pistons, anyone know of any available for the n/a at less than £800 for HKS, Ross gte ones are £420 i could live with that price.

Also anywhere to get it all fitted ? i've heard millway are good, i'd travel an hour in any direction from oxford.

Not going to do it myself this time, to fiddly doing bit by bit hour at a time after work.

heard ross are not worth the saving .. and I use Millway for all my servicing, what do you need to know?

Any one say definately if they fit? TDI will do a HKS one for £185 + vat, they didn't know if there was a difference, just that HKS list one for 3sge. Fensport have a much cheaper TRD (3sgte) one, but they have ignored my emails and there phone is permently engaged, i really loth ordering stuff from them but if the TRD will fit its a big saving.

bugger! spoke to fensport and they said TRD list normally aspirated headgasket at £345 +VAT :eek: the turbo one was £120, HKS also list n/a and turbo gaskets as different but being the same price at £185 so i went and ordered a HKS. Damn should have taken the turbo TRD one. :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links