Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where To Buy A Replacement Rear Wiper Blade?

sywy

I'm in need of a new rear wiper blade, as the rubber has started to come away. Went to Halfords this afternoon, and it seems that they are either special order or they do not make them, depending on which brand you go for. Is this another main dealer supplied item?!! :angry:

Hi there.

I found I could only get one at my local Toyota dealer.

It was inexpensive though, because you buy the rubber strip only.

Quite easy to fit.

Linda

I replaced mine last week, Halfords don't list the 4.3 rear blade....but I just bought one of their own make 12" rear wipers took the rubber blade out and put it in the OE one. The rubber profile is exactly the same and even has the same markings stamped on the rubber so obviously the Halfords maker is the Toyota OE supplier. :)

As it happens, two weeks ago I bought 2 x front Bosch and 1 x rear Trico (arms and wiper blades) for my T180 from:

WiperBlades.co.uk

The rear is eaxctly the same as the OEM one, and fits in a few seconds.

The fronts have the metal arms, they don't have the plastic housing like the OEMs do. But they swish fine.

Thanks all.

Have heard back from Kingo, but will take a look at MarsKy's link too. BTW, what do you mean by plastic housing on the fronts?

The OE fronts have a plastic aerodynamic shield on them. If had no luck with wipers. The only ones that have been successful have been Kingo's optifits but even then I had to chuck out the spoiler. Every other one I've tried (and there have been many) have skipped, scrawped or squealed.

So! I can recommend Kingo's Optifits but don't bother with the shields!

Cheap rubber blade from Toyota but you need to retain the metal strips from original to pop in the new rear rubber..hey presto even I managed it :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links