Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Size Speakers To Use On Factory Fitted Headunit

CUTEUKM786

6x9's? These are the speaker sizes most people go for.

I had a pair in both my old Golfs and my Yaris has had them in by it's previous owner, cos there's 2 ruddy great oval holes in the parcel shelf! :angry:

I have them covered with some acoustic cloth now though. :D

There's loads of manufacturers choices for this size speaker and they should be fine with the standard head unit. My own Yaris has had them in and i have the standard head unit.

By saying "on the rear", you mean the parcel shelf? If so, then 6x9's are fine.

Hope that helps. :)

thats great, 6x9's then, would 2 x 350w speakers be ok or not?

350w Speakers really need an amplifier to power them correctly. Even at 350w peak that's approx 175 RMS on a OEM headunit, I don't think so. You may get sound out of those Speakers but they will sound rubbish. You will get noise/distorsion which will be the actual headunit trying too hard to get volume to the Speakers as opposed to the speakers distorting.

If I am wrong, and I often am, and the OEM unit is only about 35-50w per channel then you will only need about 50w speakers. My astra only had 20w speakers, on an OEM unit, in the front doors and they were still 6" round.

But please before you take the plunge and buy some new speakers please do some more homework on the power rating you will actually need.

I agree with wastedagen. The OEM head unit won't be putting out more than 25 or 30 watts per channel.

Something like these that are designed for 35w RMS are probably about right. No point going for anything much higher as the OEM head unit won;t produce the power to drive them properly.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...9c2_p-22573.htm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links