Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Small Rips/tears In Side Of Drivers Seat?

parky1968

Had reply from Toyota today and they arnt going to change my seat. They spoke to RMB Toyota where I got the car and they told Toyota that it was 10 months out of warranty and the used car warranty does not cover the seat problem. However they did get a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing for my tyre pressures lol so thats a result. Ill just buy a new seat cover when/if this one gets worse. One thing is for sure, I wont be paying MrT for extending my 1 year warranty. Well thats that. DONT BUY FROM RMB TEESIDE. They are W*****S. Maybe I should go to Trading Standards now :thumbsup:

Not good then Wardude :angry::crybaby: Is there still somewhere on the new look site where you can leave a 'glowing' report for the dealership who 'looked after' you...NOT!!! :censor: Doesn't help your situ but will warn others what customer dis-service you received!! :crutchy:

I wish there was somwhere to leave feedback cos their customer support is ZERO. Absoloute disgrace. All Toyota did was ring them and ask them to sort it. Of coubik the garage told Toyota what they told me so Toyota have sided with them. Iv asked kingo for a price on the seat fix and Ill prob just have to do it mesel if it aint too much cos im skint lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I had this split in my RAV4 when it was 2 years old. It is actually vinyl not leather which to my mind is a design fault, especially as it is supposed to be a leather seat. It is caused by the constant getting in and out of the seat and no doubt catching on the plastic surround of the seat base. Toyota replaced the whole seat cover under warranty.

so if its vinyl and not leather, could this not be a trading standards issue??

Depends on whether the spec. says 'Leather seat' or 'Leather faced seat' I would imagine.

Many so called 'Leather' car seats are constructed this way. Question is: are the materials used 'fit for purpose' and how long should you reasonably be able to expect the materials to withstand normal wear and tear :unsure:

Have to say that I have never had a split in a car seat, either vinyl or leather, in 35 years motoring.

I rather fancy it says "leather seat facings" somewhere but I can't just find it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links