Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Search For The Mr2 Part Iii

DeusMR2

Finally!!!! I've bought a gorgeous MR2 for myself! :D :D :D

its a 1992 J-reg, Steel Grey Mist, Turbo T-bar - one of the rarest combinations i think! The previous owner advertised it only on IMOC-UK and he has been a real gent towards this car and it shows. Everything is standard apart from the gearnob n a momo steering wheel i think. It has the premium sound system, folding mirrors, steering fog lights and Recaro seats. I am one well chuffed dude lol. Will post pics tomorrow morning cos my digicam is crap at night.

Righty, here's the pics. I hope they work from this gallery because i couldnt sign into the TOC gallery (need gold membership??) anyway here they are:

saliyag-window.JPG

saliyag-side.JPG

saliyag-topright.JPG

saliyag-back.JPG

saliyag-alloy.JPG

saliyag-inside.JPG

saliyag-stereo.JPG

saliyag-recaro.JPG

P.S. Bibbs, the previous owner was a nice bloke called Eddie from north east anglia, he is/was a member of the Drivers Club and is in Dorest insurance too i think.

I paid for it and it should be here latest april time, there seems to be back log of cars in japland at the mo. I've already put all the parts to fix it to one side and i've got hold of an magnex exhaust to go on it, which is nice.

that is what i call one 'pukka' motor!... well done on a gret buy! :thumbsup:

Whens it gonna be my turn to show off? :rolleyes: :( <_<

:drool: That is a fantastic looking car.....nice one.

i see that it has been rained on from the pics, have you checked inside to see if the t-bars have leaked?

thanx everyone for the nice comments! Yeps i chcked this morning in the passenger and driver seat and lo behold no water getting through! I'd even taken the t-tops off last night just cos i was too excited and wanted to see what it looked like lol. But yeah no leak whatsover! ooo and another very imprtoant bonus...The ashtray wasnt cracked!! dun dun duuuuun (i dont smoke but what the hey :D )

I knew i forgot to take a picture of something! Will post engine pics tomorrow morning

I paid £3700 for it, with mot till august and no tax (because the previous driver only drove it through the summer and it was kept in a garage the rest of the time) and 65k miles on the clock. I actually felt guilty for buying this car at such a low price, for the condition i reckon he could've sold it for a bit higher!

Also i have a slight concern about it, last night i did a few runs over a flyover on full boost, when i came home and let the car idle for a few minutes for the turbo to cool down, i heard a few "click click click click" noises coming from the engine bay. It sounds very much like hot metal contracting, it continued for a few minutes after id turned the car off, im assuming this is normal?

I've got a N/A t-bar and that makes a few clicking sounds when you switch the engine off, i wouldn't worry about that m8, it probably happens on all cars but you dont hear it when the engine is at the front and well covered up!

i only got my 2 just before xmas so i bet you're like me, dieing for a nice period of sun to get the roof off and go crusing B)

i only got my 2 just before xmas so i bet you're like me, dieing for a nice period of sun to get the roof off and go crusing B)

yeah yeah... rub it in!...

cant wait till i get my hands on one... :thumbsup:

:fishyface:

i had to wait 3 years to get my hands on a 2. i learned to drive and my girlfriend became pregnant at the same time! a bit of :lol: and :censor: at the same time, but now i have a Rover 214sli for the family and the 2 for me :D

Don't worry, your day to get your 2 will come, and all the waiting will make it that little more sweet :yes:

and.... the celica you have looks pretty cool anyway...... :thumbsup:

Don't worry Fizz, its worth the wait believe me!!

Here's the pics of the engine bay,

Valve cover and intake:

saliyag-head.jpg

AFM, air filter and radiator cap

saliyag-intake.jpg

Turbo baby!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

saliyag-turbo.jpg

Its all looking good, nice and tidy bay, very clean for its age....looks as standard as the day it rolled off the line, which is good, means it hasn't been thrashed. Are you hitting full boost?

Looks like you got yourself a good deal then... bet your well chuffed, so do you have any plans for her????

Hearing about people getting new cars makes me want mine more....only a few weeks to wait!!!

it does indeedy hit full boost, all the way up to the + mark. The first things are i wanna do are purely cosmetic:

clear corners and side repeaters and soemhow get rid of the toblerones. then maybe swap the rear lights for rev 3+ style.

as for the engine, firstly i wanna give it a good clean to get it all shiny! then i wanna get an Apexi or K&N intake. then a boost guage and then slightly tweak the boost up a bit, but not till i get used to the cars handling! lol.

before i got the car i thought i would get rims first, but these standard refurbished ones are so nice that i wanna keep em, maybe sell them in 6 months time and get some different alloys though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links