Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dreaded Dmf

rambler

hi folks

well today i got my completed repair's assessment form back from 'warranty wise'.......

on the form,colchester toyota have quoted to replace.....DMF flywheel and 2 related oil seals ONLY

no mention of a replacement clutch whilst the work is done.....

(from what i can read from the quote in handwriting)

flywheel : T13450 - 27022,£688.26

oil seal: TG0011- 50027,£18.16

oil seal: TG0011- 62005 £15.89

parts total £848.71

labour £798.41.....for 9 hrs

TOTAL COST £1647.13 inc vat

and warranty wise have not authorised the claim yet.... :(

mind you i havnt actually broken down yet :rolleyes: ....but im waiting for it to happen :o

should i get the clutch done at the same time......is this good practise (i may have to pay for this myself),or could i get away with the existing one,at 88'000 miles?.....it still bites well and pulls good

and i plan on keeping this rav for a while to come

Hi Rambler,

I just had my clutch and flywheel done by Mr T and it was less than your total, although they gave me a discount since I had a 60k service done there last year, but it seems on the high side for labour.

Crikey it makes one hell of a difference, it must have been on its way out for ages.

I think the general advice is to get the clutch done at the same time, I guess because clutches generally need replacing at some point and while they've got all the bits out there isn't really any increase in labour to fit it.

Are you still on the original flywheel as 88k looks like the best mileage I've seen?

Hi. it seems puegeot 307's suffer from dmf failures also, a mate had his done under warranty but agreed to pay for clutch at same time

because clutch has to be removed to replace flywheel there wasn't any extra labour costs, makes sense if you intend keeping car. his car only done

40,000 miles.

Hi

It's a no brainer really, I was quoted £130 for the clutch by Mr T, well worth paying as all the bits are out to do the dmf. The last thing you want is to replace the dmf then to have the clutch go in the near future and have to fork out another £798.41 in labour, at least you'll have all the bits replaced and shouldn't have to worry about them for a long while.

Regards

Paul

Hi Rambler,

I just had my clutch and flywheel done by Mr T and it was less than your total, although they gave me a discount since I had a 60k service done there last year, but it seems on the high side for labour.

Crikey it makes one hell of a difference, it must have been on its way out for ages.

I think the general advice is to get the clutch done at the same time, I guess because clutches generally need replacing at some point and while they've got all the bits out there isn't really any increase in labour to fit it.

Are you still on the original flywheel as 88k looks like the best mileage I've seen?

hi ravmania

yep still on same flywheel as it was built with as far as i know,...i still have none of the 'symptoms' that anchorman and others have suggested though.

all i get is the occasional judder on the clutch pedal,and a mettalic grinding ,rotating sound from the engine bay when taking up drive in 1st / reverse / and low rev's resonance vebrations through the vehicle quite badly.

im just not looking forward to when it finally 'brakes down' wether on a quiet road,or in full rush hour traffic upon leaving work,or on a busy A road.

anyhow...time will tell,hope its soon though,put me out of my misery :angry: and then i can just enjoy driving it again :thumbsup:

if warranty wise contact me shortly to authorise the work,ill book it straight in to mr t,..get it sorted

Hi. it seems puegeot 307's suffer from dmf failures also,

From my investigation - BMW,VW, Mitsubishi, Citroen, Mazda, Puegeot, Ford (Transits eat DMF) etc etc etc.

Single Mass Flywheel - if it ain`t broke - don`t fix it!!

Del.

my Vectra (sold last week) has had 2 DMFs in 6 months. 08 plate with 16k miles on clock

bloomin eck

2 DMF'S in 6 months ! ! ! ! ! :o :o

i assume its still in g/tee?

Yeah under warranty but thats why i sold it, I rang VH to ask what would happen in 8 months time when warranty was up and I needed my 3rd flywheel. they dident want to know. So I sold it and got a RAV4 T180 with run flat tyres :unsure: hmmmmm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links