Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Batteries In T180 Keyfob

mick1020

Ive just replaced my keyfob batteries , the last ones lasted 3 months . Is this about normal ?

They were Energizer cr1632 which i pressume are a good make .

What other makes have other members tried and how long did they last ?

Cheers Mick :thumbsup:

Ive just replaced my keyfob batteries , the last ones lasted 3 months . Is this about normal ?

That isn't normal!!

The batteries should last about 2 years. They are changed as part of the even numbered service (20/40/60k etc) :thumbsup:

How near to the car do you keep the keys when parked up? I'm sure there is something in the manual advising to keep them more than 20 metres away to stop the Battery draining :blink:

That isn't normal!!

The batteries should last about 2 years. They are changed as part of the even numbered service (20/40/60k etc) :thumbsup:

How near to the car do you keep the keys when parked up? I'm sure there is something in the manual advising to keep them more than 20 metres away to stop the Battery draining :blink:

Thats maybe the problem then they are around 15 metres away from the car all week . will have to move them elsewhere to stop it draining . Thanks :thumbsup:

Just replaced mine with energizers, can't say how long they lasted as only bought the car 9 months ago. 20 metres, thats frightening-must buy myself some more land !

Regards

That isn't normal!!

Thats maybe the problem then they are around 15 metres away from the car all week . will have to move them elsewhere to stop it draining . Thanks :thumbsup:

When fitting new batteries don't hold them across the flats you can drain then in seconds. Hold them on the edges.

Mine lasted just over two years but must depend on how long car was made before buying it - might take about an extra year in some cases ! I suppose it must depend on how many time you use the fob.

Guy

hi mate

yes the siize is the same as mine. 2 years is normal lifetime. Ive purchased standard Panasonic not from dealership due to their not reasonable prices !!! (they offered 1 x usd18.00 delivered) :D

but i ve changed mine ealrly to be assured from either surprises. For any case i ve purchases two pcs more just for spare and keep them unpacked to prevent capacity leak. Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links