Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light Not Coming On In My Rav4 Nrg 2001, Help!

alli100red

Hello, can anyeone help me please? I have just bought a Rav4 NRG 2001 and my problem is that the interior light doe not come on when I open the door. I have looked in the manual and it shows a switch that can be applied to make this happen but my car does not have the switch. It only has a long switch next to the light which I can click the light on and off. Surely my car has an option somewhere to enable me to see inside the car when I open the door?

Hello, can anyeone help me please? I have just bought a Rav4 NRG 2001 and my problem is that the interior light doe not come on when I open the door. I have looked in the manual and it shows a switch that can be applied to make this happen but my car does not have the switch. It only has a long switch next to the light which I can click the light on and off. Surely my car has an option somewhere to enable me to see inside the car when I open the door?

And of course you have checked the bulb is not dead ??

Yes, the bulb is fine, it will come on when I manually switch it on but not when I open the door.

Yes, the bulb is fine, it will come on when I manually switch it on but not when I open the door.

Welcome to the club Alli,

Sounds like you need to check the door switches - possibly corroded a bit or just dirty. There is a thread on here somewhere.......................... about how to get them out and clean them.

They are little plungers covered by a rubber boot.

Someone with a better memory than me will no doubt be along with detailed info. or the relevant link. Sit tight unless you fancy having a go yourself.

How many lights are there on a 3 door? On the 5 door there are three. The one in the front doesn't come on when you open a door. I thought it was a fault but the dealer said it's designed like that. How stupid is that? I see what you mean from the manual. The rear two are like that but not the front one.

How many lights are there on a 3 door? On the 5 door there are three. The one in the front doesn't come on when you open a door. I thought it was a fault but the dealer said it's designed like that. How stupid is that? I see what you mean from the manual. The rear two are like that but not the front one.

are you introducing the complexities of a 5 door car?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links