Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gm Recall 1.3m Cars

Norfolk n Chance

This is kind of loke blaming GM for the war in Iraq, right?

That is priceless!!!! :lol:

Now why does it not surpise me that GM would want to blame Toyota for their woes :huh:

In my opinion this clearly shows the level of the witch hunt that GM have towards Toyota :rolleyes:

I wonder if we will soon have GM blaming Toyota for the earthquake in Chile ;)

There blaming it on Toyota because the 2005-2010 model uses Toyota engines and other components, there actually made in a factory co-owned by Toyota and GM. Cars like the Pontiac vibe are actually a Toyota Matrix re-badged and use the 1.8VVTi engine.

GM has to blame the failure of their own quality assurance system - lack of supplier control!

This is the result of the unrelenting pressure on subcontractors to deliver cheap products, Just-In-Time, with staggering penalties for slowing or halting production.

It is in fact, miraculous that so many cars and other extremely complex machines are built and go cradle to grave with zero defects.

But our American friends like to get their retaliation in first, thereby setting the stage for the inevitable class actions.

I wonder if we will soon have GM blaming Toyota for the earthquake in Chile ;)

You mean it wasn't Toyota's fault :P

Nothing like jumping the gun Ehh! - lets jump to Toyotas defence when they ain't even accused. :lol:

If you read the article the Vice-Chairman states and I quote "This is a case where, yes, we would blame a partially Toyota-owned supplier." Owned being the relevant word.

He clearly did not say Toyota were responsible and if you read carefully the company was partially owned by Toyota but that doesn't mean and had any technical input.

As to checking quality aspect it's not always possible for a company to fully check out all the components provided by a sub-contractor as they may be sealed units. Tyres would be a good example.

One thing I do like though is that the American government ain't afraid to defend their motorists. Personally I doubt if the UK or EU would take such measures. The only thing governments this side of the Atlantic seem concerned about is figuring out ways to raise more revenue from the poor motorist.:)

if you want that culture then on your head be it.

dont forget that america is a litigation culture. you cant fart without fear of being sued.

plus a lot of the cases brought against toyota wernt related to faulty accelerators!!

and was there a need to say "TOYOTA- OWNED" a simple "supplier fault" would do!

Doesn't matter that he didn't blame Toyota directly.... rather than say "we blame x supplier" they refer to it as a "partially Toyota owned supplier"...

No bad publicity for the supplier but Toyota's name linked once again to faulty parts ;)

I've got some issues with my BMW motorbike,(ABS primarily!)

I'm trying to blame/sue Toyota, any advice/links ? :rolleyes:

Easy... you need to move to America first :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links