Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Okay Which Wheel Should I Go For?

CraigT

I don't like wooden wheels mate.. but your choice.

As for fitting... very easy. Just get the boss.

The only tricky part is wiring up the horn wire to the wheel..... but this itself is easy if you know how.

The trickiest part for me was getting the momo logo to sit straight on the horn button. It kept turning round due to the way the wires were behind it. Got there in the end tho.

I think the half wood/leather looks classy and the MR2 is a classic sports car. Plus I like to be a bit different :)

But as for the fitting.....easy enough pretty much?

for a rev1 ( although I would assume it was more or less the exact same )

1) Locate Screw Underneath steering wheel. Undo this, then pull the horn section of the wheel off.

2) undo the centre bolt holding the steering wheel in place. Don't take it all the way off tho.

3) grabb the wheel firmly and pull sharply and hard towards you, until it comes free.

4) undew centre bolt

5) put boss in place.. tighten up bolt

6) wire up horn

7) Put wheel onto boss

( make sure wheels are straight initially )

It is fairly easy.. you do ave to pull very hard to get the original wheel off tho.

Snakeeater does your 2 have an airbag wheel?

Thats just it, I think the Rev 3 does :(

I doubt you would be sad if it stopped your face kissing some plastic at high speed!

If you trade off a safety device for looks you are insane in my opinion!

dump the airbag.. get the wheel.

I don't have an airbag..... if I'm about to crash I'll just have to swing the baby round so the impact is on the passenger side... lol

Snakeeater does your 2 have an airbag wheel?

Thats just it, I think the Rev 3 does :(

I doubt you would be sad if it stopped your face kissing some plastic at high speed!

If you trade off a safety device for looks you are insane in my opinion!

No thats not what I meant. I meant that the airbag might make having one of the above wheels impossible.

If thats the case Id rather have an airbag than a shiny steering wheel obviously :rolleyes:

even if it does have an airbag... I'm more or less sure you could still simply replace the wheel with one of your choice tho. Simply means you'll have no airbag.

Not too sure about pulling the wheel very hard tho ( although you need to )... could the airbag go off with the sudden sharp pulls ??

I thought you might have an air bag which is why I asked. From what I've heard you need an explosives certificate (or something like that) before your officially allowed to work on one. I've been looking for a new wheel for my Corolla but I've got an airbag as well though the guy who did my engine transplant has done a few - including his own Corolla. He says that the big problem is not the airbag but getting the horn to work after :eek::wacko:

its easy enough to do away with air bag systems.each car has its own way of discharging the system before working on it..once system is discharged there is no problems with anything going BANG.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links