Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

M6 Speed Camera Catches 5,500 Drivers In Five Weeks

Raistlin

_47094154_008476235-1.jpg

Road safety bosses say they are stunned after a speed camera caught out more than 5,500 motorists in five weeks.

The camera, on the M6 near Carlisle, was installed to protect workers carrying out repairs and is expected to net £168,000 from fines issued so far.

The camera was installed between junctions 43 and 44 of the M6 on 29 January and will stay while bridge repairs are carried out.

Hey that's my neck of the woods. I've been quite amazed how many people have been caught by it. It's not particulary hidden and there's a warning sign shortly before it....madness.

A camera just for M6s.... thats harrasment that is!

Given the amount of traffic up there, thats probably every car ;)

Yeh its made big news due to the large number of drivers its caught in a short space of time , i heard about this on the radio yesterday whilst driving in to work , it would appear that many drivers are being caught out because they are regular users of that stretch of motorway and like most of us are creatures of habit so forget to lower their speed when passing the camera , they think they are driving within the legal limit only to be flashed because the speed limit has been reduced :blink:

I can totally relate to this , many moons back i was driving home one morning on the A13 after a hard nights work , as usual i checked my speed and made sure i was just below 50 as i was approaching a camera , i pass it and .. Flash Flash , i thought WTF i'm doing just under 50 , then i notice the new saucer sized signs stating the speed limit as 40 , bas-ards had reduced the speed limit permanently to 40 but had posted no pre-warning of their intention to do this , however my luck must have been in because i never did get a speed ticket through the post , i think the camera must have used up all its available film on the previous unsuspecting drivers , i observed the camera flashing like the lights on a Christmas tree for about a week after that as driver after unsuspecting driver went through at or over 50 .

I posted a few weeks back on the installation of average speed camera's on the A13 around half of the camera's have been installed now , and the system is due to go live around June , YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links