Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Rack ?

Mrija

Hello All!!

I am new to this forum and don't even drive an iQ!! On top i am going to start a real storm, hurricane maybe :wacko: by asking this: I am considering buying an iQ, not immediately, but in the long term (months...hope not years!!)

As it would be mostly used as a city car, commuter and stuff like that, given space would be sufficient. But occasionally a longer trip may require a big more space. So :help: :

has anyone thought, maybe even used (pics??) a Roof Rack of some sort to increase the cargo capacity of an iQ? :unsure:

If yes I'd be highly interested in equipment, explanations, personal opinion and experiences (speed limits, wind problems etc.)

Thank you to everyone and enjoy what seem like a dream car to me!

Mrija

:yes:

Hello Mrija,

Greetings from Germany!

There is no way for a "hat" (roofrack/ skibox / ...) for the iQ. Zero load for the top. :blink:

But if you need really much space (remove for you you long trip) the rear seats and you will be :D

Hi La-la,

Thanks for you answer, even though it's not the one i wanted to hear!! :crybaby:

So i'll have to think about space. Can't get a test drive around here, but next time i go to Germany I'll try. Parents have appartment there, and the A4 is registered there... FR EE plate. Nice idea mmmh?

Have a good time enjoying your iQ!

Mrya

PS: it's a new Mrya, the other account stoped working... :-(

I found this on the Thule site:

http://www.thule.co.uk/appguide/yourDetails.asp?car_model=IQ%203dr%20Hatchback%2009-%20&rfoot=750&rbar=769&rABar=869&rkit=rkit&rLock=&rSRA=&tFoot=&tBar=&tKit=blank&tSRA=&tSP=&tLocks=

As Thule is a well known Company for roof bars etc I suspect that it has been fully tested etc. Love to see one with a roofbox on as it will probably be longer than the car!!!!

TM

I found this on the Thule site:

http://www.thule.co.uk/appguide/yourDetails.asp?car_model=IQ%203dr%20Hatchback%2009-%20&rfoot=750&rbar=769&rABar=869&rkit=rkit&rLock=&rSRA=&tFoot=&tBar=&tKit=blank&tSRA=&tSP=&tLocks=

As Thule is a well known Company for roof bars etc I suspect that it has been fully tested etc. Love to see one with a roofbox on as it will probably be longer than the car!!!!

TM

There is a place close to me that is a representative of Thule - I am going to see what they can offer and let you know!

A small box would be ideal for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

nice idea from Thule but could any confirm the iQ's classification has been changed? Cuz it was specified with 0 lbs roof capacity...

Just to make sure!

enjoy it and have a nice time!

Mrya

PS: another idea:

http://www.autorucksack.de/index.html

Looks OK but one cannot see out of the back window a major letdown

No different to driving a van though really, looks like a good compromise and alternative to a Roof Rack

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links