Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Previa Turbo Fails After Just 13000 Miles

edenphil

Ok here goes

In Nov 2008 at 98000 miles my Diesel Previa’s Turbo fails (ok apparently these things happen, it wasn’t exactly a brand spanking new one was it). I am then relieved of £2200 by Toyota to get a new one fitted (ouch that hurt…alot)

In January 2010 I notice loud whistling noises and a loss of power , take it the same Toyota workshop in early Feb who says my turbo that has only completed 13,000 miles needs replacing. Not surprisingly I am a little upset.

I contact Toyota customer (annoyance) services and we do the “no we can’t do anything its out of warranty” (by 3 months), followed by the loud complaining thing, and eventually an offer of a discounted replacement turbo is made as a “goodwill gesture owing to the age and mileage of the car”.

1. Has no-one ever told customer services people that the term “goodwill gesture” is like a red rag to a bull and guaranteed to seriously wind up the customer, well it worked I am now SERIOUSLY wound up.

2. The age and mileage of the car is not really a factor here as the turbo was a “NEW, GENUINE TOYOTA PART” and so for it to fail after just 13,000 miles means it is still effectively almost new.

3. I NEVER miss a service and ALWAYS get it done by a Toyota workshop so I cannot be accused of taking shortcuts that could contribute to the new Turbos failure.

Come on Toyota, stop messing me around and do the right thing. Its obvious your “genuine part” is not up to scratch or the workshop missed something, why should I have to pay for your failures, and stop trying to hide behind the expired warranty.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone else who has had or know of a similar circumstance and what the outcome was.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links