Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sad Day

Demonic Angel

A few weeks ago I was ecstatic as I took delivery of my brand new Yaris! :D

Now I'm a little down as my old car, a W reg Daewoo Matiz, has just been sold and the guy is picking it up tomorrow... it was my first car and I'm gonna miss it shed loads! :crybaby:

I love my new Yaris, but my Matiz feels like my first baby! Am I just being a saddo - how did everyone else feel when their first car was sold off?

Attached is a pic of my 2 cars, together for the last time! :crybaby:

post-15-1077056229.jpg

that car is giving puppy eyes at you :P

Cars are a bit like photos, they hold a lot of fond memories, therefore you cant help but become attached, I think everyone knows exactly what your saying :huh:

yestarday my old nissan was sold after 9 years of ownership

that made me think about all the good times and the bad times... 9 years a trouble free motoring!

Hi Demonic Angel

Yes i know what you mean i remember when i sold my first car my vauxhall chevette i was really gutted as i liked that car and i had learnt to drive and passed my test in that car as well and i was passing it onto some old git :shutit: Who probably wouldn't look after it as i had :crybaby:

jerry!!

I didnt have the option of sellin my first car! the evil dumper truck killed it! shame really, it was the most mint Fessie RS ever in the world part 5! i miss it an its little whistly turbo sounds

Didnt get chance to sell,hit a wall at 80 and flipped my poor little clio,everytime i looked at it i felt sick,ill have to post the pic!

Best thing you can do to a Clio :lol: . I drive one for work and I can confidently say without shadow of a doubt that it is BY FAR the worst car I have ever driven (and I have driven early 80's Skoda 110's!!). Drives rubbish and is falling apart due to very poor build, its only 18 mths old. I don't want to tempt fate cos I don't wanna get hurt. Hopefully some scumbag TWOC'r will nick it and do just that! :D

I never sold my first car - I got it scrapped. A little red 1st gen R5GTL.

They came in a truck to pick it up and had to hoist it onto the flatbed using a little crane, cos there were already one or two cars there. They put a strap through the front windows and lifted it up. Broke my heart to see the roof buckle.

The thing had cost me twice as much to run for a year as it had cost to buy it, and it was a seriously cr*p car (especially compared to recent small cars like the Yaris) but I was still sorry to see it go... :crybaby:

Yeah, its very easy to get attached to cars, especially your first one...

And its becomes hard to say goodbye...

i wasnt attached to mine....

but i had a saxo.. so i suppose theres a reason.. lol

anyway, your new yaris will be lots beter than your little matiz.

Its say to sell a car.. but its better then seeing it go to a graveyard on the back of a scrap truck like my old red supra did *sniff*

Yeah i was gutted when i traded my little Peugeot 106 in...... saying as Toyota only gave 250 notes for it, when realistically i could have got £750 for it - at least!! :angry:

Lee

Well my little Matiz has gone off now and has hopefully gone to a new home that'll take good care of him!

I miss him already and I'll always have a soft spot for Matiz's, but I love my Yaris and wouldnt trade it in for the world!

I got quite a good price for my Matiz anyway, much more than Toyota would have offered me!

But I guess I'd prefer to see him driven off by a new buyer than driven off to be scrapped.... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links