Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Steps & Front Guard

bluevortex

Hi guys

Looks like my T180 Purchase might be a go after all!! Where can I purchase a set of side steps & front guard for a 2006 56 plate T180? The dealer quoted me £275 & £250 but these were the ones demonstrated in the current brochure. I'm not even convinced these would fit my model Rav4? Any ideas?

Blue

Hi guys

Looks like my T180 Purchase might be a go after all!! Where can I purchase a set of side steps & front guard for a 2006 56 plate T180? The dealer quoted me £275 & £250 but these were the ones demonstrated in the current brochure. I'm not even convinced these would fit my model Rav4? Any ideas?

Blue

Bets bet to check for fit is to contact Kingo.

Keep an eye on e-bay. Steps and front guards pop up from time to time.

:thumbsup: Oooh I want some too for my T180 ! They look the part!

Enjoy your new car.

Must say that they do finish the Rav off nicely :thumbsup: Well I would say that because that's what's on ours!! B)

Hi guys

Blue

Howdo Brother Blue,

How's our Pappy doing? The prices you quote....are they supply and fit, or supply only? These are exactly the same prices as I was quoted last year, but ended up getting them fitted at virtually the same price, albeit the workshop was not as busy then with "other matters in hand..." I thought the actual fitting of the side steps to be quite straightforward, but was led to believe some drilling was involved in the nose bit, so backed off and let tha Techies do it. Labour was calculated at 1.5 hours, I think.

Can't see why you have reservations if they fit or not. (?)

Just cleaned up that bootliner yesterday.....must be sidekick?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Hi guys

Blue

Howdo Brother Blue,

How's our Pappy doing? The prices you quote....are they supply and fit, or supply only? These are exactly the same prices as I was quoted last year, but ended up getting them fitted at virtually the same price, albeit the workshop was not as busy then with "other matters in hand..." I thought the actual fitting of the side steps to be quite straightforward, but was led to believe some drilling was involved in the nose bit, so backed off and let tha Techies do it. Labour was calculated at 1.5 hours, I think.

Can't see why you have reservations if they fit or not. (?)

Just cleaned up that bootliner yesterday.....must be sidekick?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

I suspect that the steps and front guard in the brochure that Blue has been shown may well be those for the 'facelifted' 4.3 Kev. The steps for the new version are titled 'Stylish steps' and have little rubber dots rather than rubber strips. The ends are different to the previous version in that they go over the wheel arch mouldings rather than between them.

As for the front guard, I think that is different too as the front grille/bumper has also been re-modelled in the latest version.

Kingo will clarify no doubt. Failing that, look up on Toyota EU - installation guides and compare:

LINK

WWatcha Davrav,

I bow to your superior "looked-it-uppyness"....must admit haven't been looking for a while at what is updated, mainly for fear of seeing something tempting. After I-Podification and Bluetoothity, funds now being allocated to more mundane things like bread, milk, etc....

Boracic Lint Kev :lol:

WWatcha Davrav,

I bow to your superior "looked-it-uppyness"....must admit haven't been looking for a while at what is updated, mainly for fear of seeing something tempting. After I-Podification and Bluetoothity, funds now being allocated to more mundane things like bread, milk, etc....

Boracic Lint Kev :lol:

Just so long as you have enough for a supply of cercopithecoid glenohumeral fluid Kev :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link to Toyota EU - I looked up the side staeps and it looks as though they were revised in 2008 so I mus require the previous versions unless the new vesion will fit my 2006 T180? I will swing in by the dealer as i have decided it looks a bit fiddly for me. Same goes for the front guard...

My dad took the plunge to order the 2.2 SR Style Premium Nav Auto but was told that he could not order one!! Toyota are awaiting confirmation of prices on the July facelift model still as yet unconfirmed. Really frustrating for me as my dad is reluctant to sell the T180 until a firm order is placed. On the plus side though he will get a facelift model

Cheers Blue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links