Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

Viperce

Im with Directline, called up yesterday to see how much my Premium would go up if i was to put alloys on my 1.3 Corolla. They said "Directline do not insure people under 25 with any Modifications on their car at all". :( This means exhaust, body, everything. Its £1828 now on a 1.3, i thought i was already paying for the privilidge.

I suppose ill have to spend all my money on the ICE then! Whats everyone's insurance like, have you got any probs like that with yours?

Cheers, Chris

P.S. Cos i know everyone of you has insured everything you have put on your car haven't you?????????? <_<

Im with Directline, called up yesterday to see how much my Premium would go up if i was to put alloys on my 1.3 Corolla. They said "Directline do not insure people under 25 with any Modifications on their car at all". :( This means exhaust, body, everything. Its £1828 now on a 1.3, i thought i was already paying for the privilidge.

I suppose ill have to spend all my money on the ICE then! Whats everyone's insurance like, have you got any probs like that with yours?

Cheers, Chris

P.S. Cos i know everyone of you has insured everything you have put on your car haven't you?????????? <_<

Man, you really need to get away from mainstream insurers like direct line, they are the biggest rip off scammers there are. Adrian Flux etc etc will do you a much better deal. £1838 on a 1.3 :o I don't care if your only 12 mate! that is offensive and i'm sure you could probably take 1/3 off this if you shop around. I pay about £340 on my 2.0GTi. How young are you? Have you been driving long etc.?

£1838 - :o :o <_< :( :wacko::unsure:

Yep, we all have declared our mods...

And when i was with direct line, they wanted an extra 300 quid a year for lowering springs..

There are some companies which specalise with modded cars..

Man, you really need to get away from mainstream insurers like direct line, they are the biggest rip off scammers there are. Adrian Flux etc etc will do you a much better deal. £1838 on a 1.3  I don't care if your only 12 mate! that is offensive and i'm sure you could probably take 1/3 off this if you shop around. I pay about £340 on my 2.0GTi. How young are you? Have you been driving long etc.?

Yer i know man, Admiral quoted me £3800, i told them where to go with that! I'm 17, the cars standard appart from an expensive alarm! Driving since October 29th, no probs what so ever, ill definatley try that place though, what was your quote when you were 17, what car did you have???

Cheers, Chris

Man, you really need to get away from mainstream insurers like direct line, they are the biggest rip off scammers there are. Adrian Flux etc etc will do you a much better deal. £1838 on a 1.3  I don't care if your only 12 mate! that is offensive and i'm sure you could probably take 1/3 off this if you shop around. I pay about £340 on my 2.0GTi. How young are you? Have you been driving long etc.?

Yer i know man, Admiral quoted me £3800, i told them where to go with that! I'm 17, the cars standard appart from an expensive alarm! Driving since October 29th, no probs what so ever, ill definatley try that place though, what was your quote when you were 17, what car did you have???

Cheers, Chris

Sorry mate, didnt pass my test til I was 24 and then you get allowances at 25 and 30. Just do a search on here, I have been on this TOC site for about 18 months now and there have been plenty of threads on the subject of decent, cheap jap car insurance so you will find quite a few names around. I might be way out of touch and living in the past but £1838 really seems alot and Admiral are just taking the P***. I don't know how they do ANY business at all, probably why every other add on telly is some annoying gimp with a parrott. Good luck mate. Like I said I could be wrong and out of touch etc. Then again the ins. companies are going off 17 and 18 yr olds all the time. They will probably just price youngsters off the road one day, then in affect the lower driving age will be 18 or 19. :(

RIPPING OFF B*$T%R@$

Churchill told me that alloys didnt up my premium, that said I have not told them about my spoiler, excuse being its only just been fitted, but I probably wont bother??????

Adrian flux mate :thumbsup: when I was 18 I had a 106 rallye 1.6 8v they insured me on that for 850 fully comp now im 23 they do my rolla with all the mods for 850 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Playing dumb quite often works. "Oh sorry, those wheels/Induction/6.6l V8 were on the car when I bought it, didn't know they had to be declared as a mod"

Adrian Flux are cheap but they wanted to know EVERYTHING about my car. real picky bas**ards. I haven't told them I've moved to a high crime area.......or that I've modded it............

Adrian Flux are cheap but they wanted to know EVERYTHING about my car. real picky bas**ards. I haven't told them I've moved to a high crime area.......or that I've modded it............

True the modified car form they send out is a pain in the ***** :lol::lol::lol:

hi there,try tesco insurance as theyve been spot on 4 me,17 with astra with 1.3 sport engine =£1100 then,21 corolla gti now £500 ;)

stella :thumbsup:

we all know that all insurance companies are b******s.

they will do anything to avoid paying up on a claim so declare EVERYTHING. better to pay the extra than to have a written off 10 grand car and no payout from the thieveing b******s.

having said that when i put my girlfriend on the insurance as a learner only cost me an extra 20 quid a month [corolla 1.6 vvti] , maybe cos' of her age [38] but young drivers dont stand a chancewith the c***s. they wanted 1800 quid to put my friends 18 year old daughter on her insurance after she passed her test !!!!!!. when it comes to renewal the difference in the quotes is hilarious, the whole industry needs properly regulating. there ive blown off a bit of steam. good luck to you all in your dealings with the evil ones .

cheers for your help guys, :thumbsup: but don't i have to wait till my contract runs out with Directline before i go to someone else?? cos im 17 so i couldn't pay by direct debit, so they have all my money!! It runs out in December so its a long ar*e wait.

i couldn't get a quote from Adrian Flux online cos im 17 but ill definately give them a call. Does anyone know why my car is so expensive insurance wise, i think it is in group 8 which is the same a golf GTI i think, correct me if im wrong.

Cheers :D

on my 106 i was paying 52 quid a month,one year later with a years no claims its dropped to an amzing 52 quid a month!

Lovely AVatar, bet one of 'ems not you though?

what needs to be done is to crush and fine anyone who does not have insurance... and that will bring it down for the rest of us

Cheers, Chris

i have a ae92 same as urs alloys slighty modded my insurance is 2400 a year :censor: nice car mines grey as well www.jon44w.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links