Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selfmade Starlet Imobiliser.

Wouter

Hi All,

I Have a 1996 Starlet Standard EU build for Ireland, I want to build in a small switch that will prevent people from starting the car when they try to steel it again! :censor:

This one does not come with the chipped key?

Any idea which wire where I can break and rewire to a switch in series with the circuit?

I'm sure somebody have done it before so I will appreciate your help in sharing your experience.

Thanx all

Woutie

Surely the person nicking the car can just flick the switch themselves?

I have looked into installing a switch panel to my Corolla GTi and it's doable with the key still being integrated so I can use an engine start button.

There are after-market immobiliser systems out there, but I would have though that the ideal thing for you would be a GPS tracker that records the position of the car whenever the key ins't used and the engine is on. I haven't personally got one of these trackers but will be fitting one, and I suggest that you do aswell. It doesn't stop the car from being nicked but it does let you find it again! :)

But the person would have to know where the switch is! Your options are to tap into the fuel pump power, the starter motor power (although with being in engine bay would be a ball ache) or the ignition wires

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links