Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

GreyRacer

Just completed 1007 miles in month since I got the new RAV.

I've left the average alone from driving out of the dealer and it's showing 37.4.

Hopefully that will improve as the engine easies up.

Would like to average 40.

Not as good as the Auris T180 but even although the RAV is heavier I would expect better with only 150 BHP.

I can't remeber what I used to get in my petrol 1 and 2 in the 90's but I expect it was less than 30 mpg.

The last two days have tested it a bit with the severe flooding in my area. Many cars just lying stopped unable to continue though the standing water. My Celica certainly could not cope. Do notice though that a lot of water is sent up over the windscreen and at times total wipeout that the wipers can't cope with. (I know don't tell me, slow down. LoL.)

Got a few pieces on order from Kingo, graphite underguard, full set of mud flaps, both of the boot cargo nets.

Try ordering an anchor as well in case the water levels gets too much!

And talking petrol. whats happened to the supplies of Shell V-Power petrol - number 1 RAV only eats that stuff but none to be had in this area. Had to fill up number 2 with Tesco 99 stuff as its tuned for higher than 95 muck

And talking petrol. whats happened to the supplies of Shell V-Power petrol - number 1 RAV only eats that stuff but none to be had in this area. Had to fill up number 2 with Tesco 99 stuff as its tuned for higher than 95 muck

During the V-Power promotion a couple of weeks ago most main line petrol stations ran out and unfortunately it's now hitting the rurals now. Due to the miscalculation on Shell's part as to how much they would sell main stock pile at Stanlow ran low. Typical offcourse as millions of litres were sold to idiots who don't need it just to get a glass or a model. Shell have now taken the decision that with empty tanks both in refinery and around the country stations, they will carry out a tank cleaning program.

You'll have to wait I'm afraid.

During the V-Power promotion a couple of weeks ago most main line petrol stations ran out and unfortunately it's now hitting the rurals now. Due to the miscalculation on Shell's part as to how much they would sell main stock pile at Stanlow ran low. Typical offcourse as millions of litres were sold to idiots who don't need it just to get a glass or a model. Shell have now taken the decision that with empty tanks both in refinery and around the country stations, they will carry out a tank cleaning program.

You'll have to wait I'm afraid.

[/quo

Thanks Grey Racer for explanation, as similar to Boffy, I cannae get any around North Lanarkshire either. Must be my imagimanation, but I swear I notice a difference on standard stuff....?

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

Is this the Scotland Thread?  I filled up yesterday before the Snow came down!

Re V-Power .... I tried V-Power Unleaded for about 1,000 miles and then 'normal' Branded fuel and could not see any difference TBH  :blink: 

Is this the Scotland Thread?  I filled up yesterday before the Snow came down!

Re V-Power .... I tried V-Power Unleaded for about 1,000 miles and then 'normal' Branded fuel and could not see any difference TBH  :blink: 

I can definitely feel the difference with BP Ultimate. Never tried the V-Power.

Wrong type of snow out there. High water content - clings to power lines (had a 12 hour power cut yesterday). And compacts down to ice so when I tried to get up my steep drive way, got nowhere fast, with a not so nice burning smell... Had to get the shovel out (those foldable ex-Army ones are great for storing in the car, and great value at a tenner).

I've noticed the change in the consumption readings after changing last week from a 2009 XTR Deisel to a new XTR AWD Diesel. According to the documentation I should be getting better mpg in this model than I did with the old one, but the instant MPG readings tell a different story. With the 2009 RAV I could easily average 45mpg, but at the moment 40mpg is about the norm. I'm not sure if this could just be down to it needing to run in or maybe the software has been updated on the RAV to give a more realistic figure.

Did the 2009 have the 150 engine? I think they need time to loosen up.

thanks for the comments on Shell vpower. Number 1 rav would explode if I tried to use ordinary stuff - the timing and boost has been set to the higher octane fuel. However on using tesco 99, number 2 runs very well - just scared about what additives are missing form the petrol.

For greyracer, I am happy if I get 22mpg. Anything above that is embarrassing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links