Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great Gesture From My Local Mr. T

GreyRacer

I bought my new Rav4 on the 1st. March and which does not benefit from the Toyota promotion starting this month of either 3 years free servicing or extra 2 years warranty.

I've just received a call from my local dealership sales manager that they are going to give me the three years free servicing from the dealership themselves.

Certainly I've bought seven cars from them and consider myself a loyal customer but I'm really chuffed by this worthwhile gesture.

My dealership, Border Toyota St. Boswells, has been fantastic over the 17 years I've dealt with them.

I bought my new Rav4 on the 1st. March and which does not benefit from the Toyota promotion starting this month of either 3 years free servicing or extra 2 years warranty.

I bought my new Verso a week gone Thursday and complained to the dealer Minories Wearside that there had been no mention of the 5yr warranty/3yrs service offer at the time.

They got back to me within the hour and told me they`d also give me the choice.

I picked the extra warranty and paid for a service plan myself.

Full marks Toyota ! :thumbsup:

I've just received a call from my local dealership sales manager that they are going to give me the three years free servicing from the dealership themselves.

Certainly I've bought seven cars from them and consider myself a loyal customer but I'm really chuffed by this worthwhile gesture.

My dealership, Border Toyota St. Boswells, has been fantastic over the 17 years I've dealt with them.

great - you must be so pleased that I know you're going to tell us that you are giving away free tickets for the melrose Sevens?

Same for me. I've had a call to say I can have the servicing or the warranty. I will go for the warranty.

Full marks RRG Macclesfield.

Same for me. I've had a call to say I can have the servicing or the warranty. I will go for the warranty.

Now, being journalists, my local paper may have got this wrong, but when they reported this Toyota offer, they did say the extended warranty would be like any other extended warranty, i.e. to be worth anything, you will have to have the vehicle serviced at a Toyota dealer, otherwise it is null and void. Not like the standard first 3 years of warranty, where, as we know, it just has to be serviced to Mr T recommendations. Assume you've checked?

Years 4 and 5 are Toyota extended warranty and the following T&C's apply

The 5 year warranty consists of Toyota's standard 3 year / 60,000 mile manufacturer warranty extended to cover years 4 & 5 or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). The level of cover in years 4 & 5 will match the cover for the first 3 years. To maintain the warranty, customers must service their vehicle in accordance with the standard Toyota service schedule for the full 5 year period. The vehicle must be serviced at an Official Toyota Centre during years 4 & 5.

3 years free servicing entitles the customer to their vehicles first three services free of charge at an Official Toyota Centre. The services will follow the standard Toyota service schedule and must be conducted within 1 month or 1000 miles of the normal intervals (10,000 miles or 12 months) with a brake fluid change after 2 years.

Offers only available to retail customers on vehicles ordered between 1 April & 30 June 2010 and registered before 31 December 2010.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo, It was the:

The vehicle must be serviced at an Official Toyota Centre during years 4 & 5.

part that I was trying to stress and may or may not be of interest to Anchs. :thumbsup:

Yes I thought you maybe eluding to that bit :thumbsup:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm keeping quiet until I know more. I serviced a 4.3 for a friend today and the oil filter drain plug was so tight it started to round off even with a single hex socket and the transfer box fller plug took two of us on a BIG t bar to shift. I just don't want anyone touching it if they work like that.

I will decide after discussions and don't want to speculate.

All I can say is "you don`t get owt for nowt" in this day and age, I`m pretty sure Toyota will recoupe their £`s some where down the line.

I agree with you on that one Anchs, Some muppet has either over tightened everything, or it has`nt been touched. :eek:

Yes it had been touched - the drain plug nut was all mauled about.

Yes it had been touched - the drain plug nut was all mauled about.

A Har! so it was all chewed up. O dear, was this a main dealer who did this? I find a socket in good condition of the right size usually does the trick.

Only the dealer had worked on it prior to me (it is well out of warranty now) and I think the pet urangutan had tightened it forgetting that there are clear instructions embossed on it to nip it to 12.5 Nm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links