Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve

ratchet2112

Hi all,

read through the egr valve topics and many members have cleaned them. Looked at the pics on the forum, seems easy enough to do so will give it a go when it stops raining!

Can I be guaranteed better performance and improved fuel consumpion?

I fill up with Shell V-power every three fill ups and as you may have noticed my earlier problems with warning lights which resulted in

my catalytic converter being replaced so I'm pretty confident my engine is running very healthy at the moment.

Any more mpg would be greatly welcomed.

well mine was thick with carbon. After cleaning it I noticed a difference right away, Certainly seemed smoother and more torquey, MPG has improved a bit too. For a ten minute job you cant go wrong

Hi I have just fit a K&N filter to my 2.2 Rav4 the difference is remarkable and if you drive it the same way the fuel savings plus not having to buy another air filter again is a no brainer, but one warning it is noisier

I have noticed no improvement in mpg after cleaning EGR valve. No difference in flat spots etc. either. The manifold holes were totally blocked before the cleaning operation and the only benefit I have noticed is that the check engine light stays off - I hope. IMHO the quoted mpg figures are far too optimistic or then there is something wrong with my car..

After cleaning my EGR ive noticed a difference . Its done 24k and there was quite a build up inside . It seem quieter and more responsive , havnt checked the MPG yet . Tbh im happy with the MPG its the price of the Fuel thats the Problem :ffs:

Mick :thumbsup:

After cleaning my EGR ive noticed a difference . Its done 24k and there was quite a build up inside . It seem quieter and more responsive , havnt checked the MPG yet . Tbh im happy with the MPG its the price of the Fuel thats the Problem :ffs:

Mick :thumbsup:

Well mine was making a pinking noise a few weeks ago, only when you accelerated. I cleaned ther EGR valve and added some Forte deisel treatment and it worked. No pinking. This last few days it started again. So today I cleaned the EGR with some WD40 de greaser (very good I might add as it foams up) Took car for a run, no pinking again. !Removed! strange. I dident think the EGR valve could cause this sort of problem but it seems it must be

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links