Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In-Line Plug?

rambler

hi folks

you are can see by the photo below in my signature,i had roof lights fitted a while ago.

i would like to fit a small in-line plug and socket type thingy to the wiring loom.

the wiring goes from the ' bar' the lights are mounted on,follows my bike rack along to the 'channel' between rear door aperature and side of vehicle

and i would like to put a small in-line plug & socket here...

lightsloompluglocation.jpg

all i want to do is provide myself with a way of unplugging the lights 'if need be',as the loom follows down from here,under carpet,along plastic trim to under dash..etc

any ideas anybody please?

Its illegal unless you have passed the necessary electrical qualifications and can wire to edition 17b, in keeping with the Brussels Directive E21:607/2995/2009 and get the whole lot approved under the CE regulations.

it'll be cheaper to buy a trailer!!

ps - you wanting the pallets in front of the car?

Its illegal unless you have passed the necessary electrical qualifications and can wire to edition 17b, in keeping with the Brussels Directive E21:607/2995/2009 and get the whole lot approved under the CE regulations.

hi bothwell_buyer

the pallets belong to neighbour,currently having a huge monstrosity of an extension done.

thanks for info,i hate rules & regs though.....so

i may just cut the wires and put spade connections on though,after all a profesional auto electrician wired them up for me,but he didnt have a plug available to use.

thanks for your thoughts anyway

so left it for me to do,if i wanted to

hi bothwell_buyer

the pallets belong to neighbour,currently having a huge monstrosity of an extension done.

thanks for info,i hate rules & regs though.....so

i may just cut the wires and put spade connections on though,after all a profesional auto electrician wired them up for me,but he didnt have a plug available to use.

thanks for your thoughts anyway

so left it for me to do,if i wanted to

Looks like you have more kit strapped to your RAV than an Essex Constabulary patrol car Rambs :eek:

Have you got a boat chandlers anywhere near? - you could possibly pick up a suitable waterproof connector that way, or what about a scrappy? I often get auto electrical bits and bobs that way. That's how I got my windtone horns and light fittings to do the upgrades/mods on my 4.3 - not bad for a fiver all in :thumbsup:

That set me thinking - So it flipping well should have done as I used to be a yacht chandler in Salcombe.

Have a look at http://www.indexmarine.co.uk/pages/wtrprfconns1.htm

Good quality gear I used to use on my own boat.

Mike D

Now that Easter has gone the sun has come out

Have you got a boat chandlers anywhere near? - you could possibly pick up a suitable waterproof connector that way,

I.M.O. I would put any electrical joints in the boot area. That should avoid any corrosion or smashed connectors.All sorts of connectors available from here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/storelocator.aspx

but be careful with the Amps rating.

It looks like you've 4 lamps and at a guess 60W each lamp, so you'll need a connector rated at a minimum of 16Amps DC... or a couple of spade connectors and a bag of fuses.

Ohms law as I remember it.. amps x volts =W (watts). Your car when charging will give out 13+ volts so allow 15w = 1 amp.

I.M.O. I would put any electrical joints in the boot area. That should avoid any corrosion or smashed connectors.All sorts of connectors available from here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/storelocator.aspx

but be careful with the Amps rating.

It looks like you've 4 lamps and at a guess 60W each lamp, so you'll need a connector rated at a minimum of 16Amps DC... or a couple of spade connectors and a bag of fuses.

Ohms law as I remember it.. amps x volts =W (watts). Your car when charging will give out 13+ volts so allow 15w = 1 amp.

hi stewy

many thanks for link,have a new 'maplin' in colchester will take a look shortly.

cheers

Looks like you have more kit strapped to your RAV than an Essex Constabulary patrol car Rambs

Have you got a boat chandlers anywhere near? - you could possibly pick up a suitable waterproof connector that way, or what about a scrappy? I often get auto electrical bits and bobs that way. That's how I got my windtone horns and light fittings to do the upgrades/mods on my 4.3 - not bad for a fiver all in

hi davrav

yep its got twin cycle racks,4x 55w roof lights,cb radio & aerial,all terrain tyres..

contemplating changing audio unit for dvd player / small tv soon

it turns a few heads here and there :D

we have boat people in brightlingsea,dont think there is anything too in depth though

stewy on another post here,reccommended maplin electronics,got one in colchester,so pay them a visit shortly.

cheers

Looks like you have more kit strapped to your RAV than an Essex Constabulary patrol car Rambs

Have you got a boat chandlers anywhere near? - you could possibly pick up a suitable waterproof connector that way, or what about a scrappy? I often get auto electrical bits and bobs that way. That's how I got my windtone horns and light fittings to do the upgrades/mods on my 4.3 - not bad for a fiver all in

hi davrav

yep its got twin cycle racks,4x 55w roof lights,cb radio & aerial,all terrain tyres..

contemplating changing audio unit for dvd player / small tv soon

it turns a few heads here and there :D

we have boat people in brightlingsea,dont think there is anything too in depth though

stewy on another post here,reccommended maplin electronics,got one in colchester,so pay them a visit shortly.

cheers

You could also try these folk RAPID

Not sure if they sell 'over the counter' but they are in Severalls Lane, Colchester. They carry waaaay more stuff than Maplins and are usually considerably cheaper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links