Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Testing For Rolling Over

Notebook

This has been refered to for years as the "Moose test" With VSC now standard on most cars, I think you would be very hard pressed to get a car to roll over, I noticed they said this

This could lead to the vehicle rolling over if a sliding wheel hit a kerb or another obstacle

No s**t Sherlock!!!, no matter what safety systems you have, hitting a kerb or such obstacle will often turn your car over, another Journo stating the obvious once again :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Looks like another case of "jump on the bandwaggon" and twist the knife in Toyota`s back.

The report I saw only mentioned the Lexus 4x4 though.

P.K is spot on, once again.

This has been refered to for years as the "Moose test" With VSC now standard on most cars, I think you would be very hard pressed to get a car to roll over, I noticed they said this

This could lead to the vehicle rolling over if a sliding wheel hit a kerb or another obstacle

No s**t Sherlock!!!, no matter what safety systems you have, hitting a kerb or such obstacle will often turn your car over, another Journo stating the obvious once again :rolleyes:

So let me see if I have got this right. If I drive like a nutter and push my very stable and TBH rather sedate RAV to the limit and have a good go at killing myself it is Toyota's fault not mine. Like you PK I can't see the logic in that but then I am not an ambulance chasing personal injury lawyer.

In the meantime how pleased I am that Mr T is behaving responsibly and checking it out. Good for you Mr T. Would that all manufacturers were as sensible.

Mike D

As an afterthought do I remember that the Merc A class was withdrawn for a redesign of the supension soon after launch because of the same test also a Suzi small tall'n'narrow thingy?

It does actually warn the owner in the first pages of the handbook that it isn't as stable as a conventional car but it looks like the media are after a sideline again. I suppose the flippin election is as boring for everybody else as it is for me.

Next news...........

"all Toyotas grounded through volcanic ash scare"

"wind blows mans Toyota off"

"I ate my Toyota and it gave me indigestion"

..........or how about "Toyotas now completely reworked to customers satisfaction and sales are climbing again".

"Toyota demonstrates how well they can handle a major situation"

"Sky News talking out of rse again and telling us what we all know and expect - a 4WD of any kind isn't as stable as a car"

..ruddy media.

hahaha

they missed the bit where a RAV can go airborne!!

hahaha

Keep it at low altitude bothy or you'll sandblast the windscreen.

Put a large Scottish wine in the tank and it will go that fast you wont have to worry about hitting kerbs :lol:

This one went airbourne!!!!!!!!

We were on vacation and traveling the speed limit, 75, in pueblo, co when the rear passenger side tire blew. From what witnesses said they saw smoke coming from that tire before I lost control of the vehicle. We ended up going off the road on to a grassy median where we hit an incline, went airborne and then landed motor first and rolled for a good bit before the vehicle came to a stop. The airbags never deployed and from what the witnesses said, it seemed to have all started with the smoking tire. I did not realize that Bridgestone was made by firestone before taking this drive from denton, tx to denver, co (our final destination). It was reported to the pueblo police department at the time of the accident. It occured on I-25 in pueblo, co. If any further information is needed, please contact me. The vehicle is still in pueblo for repairs.( dot number: tire size: 16 )

Unquote.

hahaha

Keep it at low altitude bothy or you'll sandblast the windscreen.

yup - had to source lower profile tyres urgently!"!

Can I take Iceland (the country not the shop) to court for allowing this to happen? I mean - they knew of this for weeks! Or should I just blame the Icelandic bankers and call it quits? :rolleyes:

Or should I just blame the Icelandic bankers and call it quits? :rolleyes:

We all think that !Removed! of smoke is from the volcano...HA HA it's the Icelandic bankers burning all the money they robbed off us...feeling a little cold over there so thought they'll light a small fire :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links