Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Engine Help!

markiebhoy

Hi guys, looking for some help here please.

I had to get a new engine in my T180, posted all about my problems in a previous thread, but after 6 months all in without her, Ive now got her back. The mob who fitted the engine are now point blank refusing to help me any further, and here is where Im asking you guys for some help.

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

The Rav is constantly going into "limp home" mode once the engine has warmed up and is showing fault code P2047

The connectors on the photos above do NOT match and Toyota Arnold Clark does NOT know what this connector does! Does any of you guys know what this connector/switch is what it does and what the part number of a replacement part is. Any help would be much appreciated and if you need any further help info then please let me know

Regards

Markie

That is the fifth injector which has the function of injecting additional unburned fuel into the exhaust manifold to stabilise the emmissions. The code P2047 is simply telling you that you have no input to the fifth injector (see attached pdf). I am assuming that you have kept the original loom and that it is another 180 engine (it looks like it from what I can see of the injectors). I wonder if the plug in your paw is a red herring and there is another one lurking about. Does the one that is on the SCV really belong there? - at the top of the photo with the red/green wire - it looks too clean as if it was previously upside down. Is there one further up that branch of the loom? Just look around and see what there is and see if they will swap successfully but if not let me know and I will go and have a look at Viv M's T180 and see what is going on. I think it is a simple matter of having your wires crossed!!!

P2047.pdf

BTW, unless you have robbed the mobile mechanic blind tell him he is a waste of time (you'll think of something) then tell Arnold the same.

Unfortunately I have no other wiring or parts lying about, the company who alegedly fitted this new engine say they dont have my original engine and have no other parts left from it and thats as far as they are gonna go! I point blank asked them if they were willing to help me any further and they basically told me they have nothing more to say or do. Im gonna go to my credit card company and look for my money back but thats another story!

i have searched the rest of the branch of the loom and cant see anything loose, the think that throws me is that with the length of the existing loom, it looks as though it should fit into the injector but its the wrong injector fitting?? It certainly wont fit into anything else as its too short to go anywhere else!!I can move some of the other connectors around that are close by to the injector but the loose connector from the loom wont fit into any of these??

Will that one on the SCV fit it and the black one fit the SCV? I'm working blind here because mine isn't a D-CAT. Where are you?

Will that one on the SCV fit it and the black one fit the SCV? I'm working blind here because mine isn't a D-CAT. Where are you?

Im in Kilmarnock, Scotland, just checked and the black one doesnt fit anywhere!!

You are too far away for me to have a look. I looked at the wiring diagram and the wires to the 5th injector should be grey and black. The SCV should be green and red. If the stray plug has grey and black wires then you need a new plug or a new injector to suite the plug you have. A breaker may be able to help but if you take the injector with you you might find a plug on any newer Toyota. Cut the wires about 50mm away then join them with crimp connectors just to try. The fault code is definitely pointing to no feed to the injector.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links