Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Mk2 Engine Bay

gsb104

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the bar is for that runs across the top of the radiator and up the right hand side of the engine bay up towards the Battery,it has a valve half way along it that looks like a tyre valve with a grey cap over it with an L on it

my car is a 2001 rav4 2.0L VVTI

thanks

Its the return pipe to the aircon compressor. The L indicates that it is on the low pressure side.

thanks for the reply

is this where i would attach a re charge kit,if so how do i know when i have enough gas in

Its something I know very little about but if you are thinking of using DIY kit to re-gas I assume it will have instructions. I would have thought you could get it done professionally at a comparible price.

Take some photos and let us look. If I can find something in the manual I will post it tomorrow.

Just been through the exercise of repairing the wifes aircon, and looked into top-up kits etc.

Modern aircon systems are very sensitive to the correct fill, from what I have read/googled this cannot be accurately determined by pressure gauges.

Thus modern aircon service systems pump out the gas weigh it to check how much has been lost, vacuum to test for leaks and then pump in the correct fill with a dye.

Kwikfit have recently been doing a £25 for an aircon service which I think is a bargain. Just check that they enter your cars details into the machine correctly and the computer does everything else, including printing out a complete diagnostic.

From what I have read the wrong fill on your aircon has the possibility to damage the compressor causing Big ££££

Ian

Pair of show offs!!!

The original RAV GX came with 2 - yes two - sunroofs so you could enjoy real air.

Pair of show offs!!!

The original RAV GX came with 2 - yes two - sunroofs so you could enjoy real air.

No good in a pressurised cabin ;)

i bought a refill kit the other day from Halfords what came with a pressure gauge and i fixed both our rav 4. the 3 doors aircon didn't worked for over 1 year as i couldn't be botherd with it till SWIMBO kept using it... oh the aircon isn't working :lol:

anyhow i still have that gauge and by times check the pressure of the 3 doors, for me a well spent £40.

hi

how did you know when there was enough gas in

where did you find out what the pressure should be when full

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links