Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Free Flow Exhaust And Open Air Filter

Amirmag

Hello everyone, I am a new member here.

Im sorry if i have any spelling mistake, my English is not so well.

I have a yaris TS 2004 and i want to check the benefit of installing a free flow exhaust and a open air filter in my car.

I have to mention that in Israel every vehicle from year 1994/5 must have catalytic converter so i must keep the original one.

Lats take for example a REMUS free flow and simota air filter- how many bhp i can get with this parts?

Is it realy make a sensed upgrade in the engine activity?

p.s- does anyone know about "MAGNAFLOW"- a sportive catalytic convertors?

tnx.

Amir.

If your engine was built after the 1960's then you will not benefit from open air filter.

A free flow exhaust should give you 5bhp more.

Not really worth it IMO.

If you wanted power to race other cars then Yaris is the wrong car for you. Keep it original will make it easier to sell for when you want to buy a car with more power.

Hello johan,

I mentioned the air filter only with the combination of free flow exhaust and with/without catalytic convertor.

I know that air filter alone will give me nothing at all.

I'm not looking for drag car or for a car that gives fight to STI in 0-100 km/h..

The upgrade for me is to get a new excitement from the wonderful TS that i realy like and fits me.

By the way, consider that free flow exhaust (of REMUS or dragon for example) cost in ISR 320 USD, is it realy expensive for more 5 bhp and the ability to make it stock again before selling?

Tnx

Amir.

A full stainless exhaust system from manifold to back of car with no restrictions and a good cold feed induction kit should give you approx 15bhp more.

There have been loads of owners who have done this to the Yaris. :thumbsup:

highest NA yaris I've seen is 139.7bhp

That was with fujitsubo backbox & envy decat exhaust, with an apexi cone filter.

highest NA yaris I've seen is 139.7bhp

That was with fujitsubo backbox & envy decat exhaust, with an apexi cone filter.

The cone filter with a cold air intake will not add any more power (just dirt and possibly water in the engine). That means a 35bhp gain from the exhaust system. Considering the T-Sport comes with a half decent exhaust and a TTE Terbo'ed Yaris gives out 145bhp I find this hard to believe.

In my experience a filter/exhaust combination gives around 10BHP more but no more than that. However, different engines react differently to mofification, evenwithin the same model and production line.

With the right facilities an exhaust is easy to take off and put on. The filter to is easy to remove and fit on most cars. Yaris may be different though. :D

Tnx everybody.

what is it TTE Terbo'ed?

If i understood right from the answers, i can earn aprox' 10 with a good exhaust system (include or not include the catalytic convertor? ) ??

The assemble and disassemble is easy so it can give a good advantage when i will sell the TS.

amir.

well the TTE website is now closed but basically there is/was a terbo you can buy from Toyota http://www.tte.de/ where they also tweak the ECU. Think this is done in Germany.

well the TTE website is now closed but basically there is/was a terbo you can buy from Toyota http://www.tte.de/ where they also tweak the ECU. Think this is done in Germany.

Thanks Johan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links