Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mr2

supragal

What all this about a new 190bhp MR2 then? Can't find much on the web... anyone know when or prices or anything??

Probably fitting it with the Gen7 Celica VVTi engine thats 190 bhp. Wonder if they will use the six speed box too?. Apparently LOTUS are fitting the same engine into the Elise soon, should be interesting.

6 speed box would be NICE

and the 190bhp VVTi wouldnt b too bad either...

The mk3 already has a 6speed gearbox - since it's recent facelift anyway.

And the 190bhp engine is a VVTL-i, don't forget the 'L' :o

yup.. its really the lotus elise that theyre gonna start putting out in the u.s. ... they seem to call it the "ultimate mr2"... it has the the celica gt-s motor in it.. and it comes with the same 6 speed tranny as the celica.. i think the engine is the 2zzfe?? i think thas the engine code for the celica gt-s

The mk3 already has a 6speed gearbox - since it's recent facelift anyway.

And the 190bhp engine is a VVTL-i, don't forget the 'L' :o

oops my bad, sorry!

supragal: the vvti is a new (well recent generation) system by Toyota, kinda like honda's much famed VTEC.

if ur bored / intersted read up on here:

Bill Sherwood's VVT Vs VTEC Page

still even if they're using the celica vvtL-i ;), i'd much rather they bang in the black top altezza DVVT-i into the mk3, for a cool 210bhp. Then i'd buy one... well want to buy one.. :D

-Z

So there IS a 190bhp version or there *might* be in the future? Toyota don't seem to know anything about it....

It *SHOULD* be out when the othe T Sport T's arrive .. but knowing Toyota - they will not bother ..

I don't think the Mk3 will get the 190bhp VVTL-i engine.

I remember test driving a gen7 Celica when that first came out, the salesman told me there'd be a faster version of that with a 2 litre engine - I knew he was wrong of course, and that it'd be the 1.8 VVTL-i as the Americans and !Removed! already had it. Basically I don't think Toyota GB know exactly what they're doing...

I think Toyota UK have priced the current range so high that if they introduce the good power ones - they''ll either have the make the current ones so cheap or price the new ones out the market (current + 3k = big power).

Basically I don't think Toyota GB know exactly what they're doing...

no main dealers know what they're doing mate :lol:

no main dealers know what they're doing mate

True, but he told me he'd been on a course or conference or something all about the new Celica (presumably ran by Toyota GB ?), so someone must have fed him a load of bull...

I think Toyota UK have priced the current range so high that if they introduce the good power ones - they''ll either have the make the current ones so cheap or price the new ones out the market (current + 3k = big power).

Agreed, but at least they're a lot cheaper than the cars of say 4 years ago. A brand new Celica GT was £24,500 and the MR2 T-bar was around £23,000+. But they'd never get away with those prices now thank goodness.

Agreed, but at least they're a lot cheaper than the cars of say 4 years ago. A brand new Celica GT was £24,500 and the MR2 T-bar was around £23,000+. But they'd never get away with those prices now thank goodness.

Yeah, but we had the option of 255 bhp GT4 and 245 bhp MR2 ..

Now .. *yawn*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links