Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autoglym 1 - Light Grey Leather 0

matt@theforce

I Autoglymed SWMBO's Rav's seats yesterday, took a couple of hours to use the AG Leather Cleaner & AG Leather Balm and saw great results.

When we bought the car it was advertised as having a Full Light Grey Leather Interior and now it's been cleaned properly they have now gone a nice gloss black.

P1080839.jpg

The photo doesn't show the true scale of the results but the left seat has been AG Cleaned and the right has been AG Cleaned and AG Balm'd

P1080840.jpg

All seats need another going over with the AG Balm just to make the leather a little softer and darker but I'm impressed with the results.

Matthew

I Autoglymed SWMBO's Rav's seats yesterday, took a couple of hours to use the AG Leather Cleaner & AG Leather Balm and saw great results.

When we bought the car it was advertised as having a Full Light Grey Leather Interior and now it's been cleaned properly they have now gone a nice gloss black.

P1080839.jpg

The photo doesn't show the true scale of the results but the left seat has been AG Cleaned and the right has been AG Cleaned and AG Balm'd

P1080840.jpg

All seats need another going over with the AG Balm just to make the leather a little softer and darker but I'm impressed with the results.

Matthew

Nice job but that's some serious dandruff you have there on the driver's seat :eek: Have you tried 'Head and Shoulders'?

Nice job but that's some serious dandruff you have there on the driver's seat :eek: Have you tried 'Head and Shoulders'?

lol, its those sodding AG finishing cloths :ffs: it did get vacc'd out afterwards

P1080839.jpg

P1080840.jpg

Matthew

Thanks for that one Matt, I now know what to do with the replacement leather seats in the 4.3. If it's not to daft a question, are the seats very slippy after treatment?

Thanks for that one Matt, I now know what to do with the replacement leather seats in the 4.3. If it's not to daft a question, are the seats very slippy after treatment?

I thought they might be but they're not that bad, will see how they are after a 2nd covering of the balm.

On your recommendation Matt, I bought some AG Lether Balm this morning and have just treated all 4 seats and I must say I'm impressed. I don't think they have been treated for quite a while as they certainly soaked up loads of balm.

Thanks for the recommendation.

On your recommendation Matt, I bought some AG Lether Balm this morning and have just treated all 4 seats and I must say I'm impressed. I don't think they have been treated for quite a while as they certainly soaked up loads of balm.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I got some from Halfrauds yesterday afternoon and did mine this morning as well - must be the sunshine catweazle - very impressive, but you work up quite a thirst! The finish was less shiney than Matt's photo but they look really good - thanks again Matt.

PS Halfrauds had a three-for-two offer so I got two bottles of balm and one of cleaner. One of the bottles of Balm was free! Probably last me years as you don't seem to use much to get the effect.

Never tried autoglym leather balm before but it looks like it's done a decent job. FWIW I think it is imperative to treat leather seats periodically because if you don't and the leather starts cracking, the seats are ruined.

Personally I use Renapur (you can get it off their website), I have used it on my bike leathers for years now and it softens the leather and also adds a degree of waterproofing, not like goretex or anything, but if water gets on the leather it sits in droplets rather than soaking in like the leather was unprotected.

I do my leather interiors every 6 months, the first coating quite heavy, then just light treatments after that :thumbsup:

I do my leather interiors every 6 months, the first coating quite heavy, then just light treatments after that :thumbsup:

Cheers dude, I've still not got round to giving the interior another coat, the leather still feels a little hard so will be making a point to do this on a regular basis although having to young boys (3 & 5 year old) means I will be attending to the interior a little more often than most, also SWMBO doesn't seem to understand the idea of a boot is to put all her horse gear in there and not inside the car :help:

Does anyone know what the diff is between AG leather care Cream and AG Leather Balm?? Is it the same stuff just renamed? I have some cre cream and its a very light brown colour and smells of leather. You put it on the seat, allow to soak in and then buff up. It nourishes and puts the oils needed back in the leather. just wondered waht the BALM is????

Does anyone know what the diff is between AG leather care Cream and AG Leather Balm?? Is it the same stuff just renamed? I have some cre cream and its a very light brown colour and smells of leather. You put it on the seat, allow to soak in and then buff up. It nourishes and puts the oils needed back in the leather. just wondered waht the BALM is????

When reading on the products in Halfords they say to use the cleaner then the balm so I'm assuming its just a rename of products.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links