Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Vs 1.6 Civic Ep2

jonstar

Hi everyone, currently looking to trade in my peugeot 206 for one of these 2 cars but as you can see am undecided on which one. Just wondering if anyones had experience of both and would care to share their views.

Plz unbiased opinions most appreciated, thank you. :thumbsup:

Don't know about the T-Sport but my mate has an 04 Civic Sport 1.6vtec. This has 110bhp but it allways feels more powerfull than it's bhp suggests.

I used to own a Mk3 2.0 Golf GTi and his Civic could easily keep up with it, that Golf was an 8v though with 115bhp.

Out of the two, i would imagine the Yaris to be slightly quicker as it's smaller and lighter.

Take them both for a test drive and find out. The Civic is a good car though so i wouldn't rule it out untill you have drove one. ;)

T-sport every time. As Raeman says, the weight and size of the Yaris should make it slightly quicker and more nimble than the Civic 1.6. In my (obviously biased) opinion, the t-sport is a massively underrated car. Most motorists just see it as another little Yaris and don't give it the respect it deserves, although the surprise factor is always fun.

I've owned a Civic and even though it was a basic model what I can comment on is that servicing, tyres, fuel, consumption, wear and tear costs were all much higher than that of my Yaris. Its also bigger than the Yaris thus more difficult to park, manouvre etc.

It was a very good car but for the points that I've just mentioned I would prefer the Yaris.

Also, are you interested in the new model Civic or the old one? From what I understand the old Type R was better because it was lighter, independent suspension on the rear and all sorts of goodies. The new one although it looks from outer space and very cool and quick is in fact slower than the old Type R and not as fast. Thats from what I've been told anyway.

Go for the one with the best price, deal and for what you fancy. Not what other people think. You'll be own and drive it, not us.

I own Yaris T-Sport and have done so for over 2 years now. It is a cracking little car. My partner, who has always chosen coupes by preference and whose last car was a Celica 190 T-Sport, absolutely loves driving it too. It's nippy and agile in town and only requires a small space to park. It copes well with the motorways too although could benefit from a 6th gear as its rpms are a little too high (top end 70ph and you'll be getting close to 4000rpm - it red lines a little over 6000rpm). Running costs are excellent. As a reference point, I previously owned a 1.3 SR Nissan Micra and I can honestly say that I've noticed very little increase in day to day costs. (I average over 40 mpg.)

The Yaris also has another little bonus up its sleeve which not many people seem to know about but which I find incredibly useful; the back seat moves back and forward to either give you a respectable size boot (you wouldn't believe what I've crammed into mine before now!) or good legroom for passengers - handy if you've been nominated as the driver for ferrying your mates around. If you go for the Yaris, try and go for a 5-door. Apparently getting in and out of the back of the 3-door is a little awkward.

The only downside I can offer about the Yaris - and as far as I'm aware applies to all versions of the Yaris - they get through anti-roll bar drop links at an alarming rate and at over £100 a time to replace, this does rack up. In less than 40k miles mine have been replaced 3 times. This could, of course, just be garages (most notably Toyota Service Centres) being a little over zealous shall we say!

The other thing to watch for is leaks around the front footwell. You'll find other people on this forum have had similar experiences to mine. Toyota aren't the least bit interested. Their view is that it isn't covered by their 12-year warranty and they seem to consider it a reasonable fair wear and tear thing - I beg to differ.

Sorry this got a bit longwinded but I hope it helps

VickyF

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links