Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would An Iq Suit Us?

AlanFlower

Hi,

I am considering buying an IQ as a family 'hack' to be used as a second car by my wife/myself and for two teenagers to borrow as/when needed. We're all quite tall (my kids are 6' 3") and will use it to get to school/uni etc. as needed whilst I will use it for a 250-mile round trip once a week. All in we'll probably do 20k+ miles a year in it and buy new. Mostly A roads and trips in to town, with me doing a 250 mile round trip on motorways once a week.

I wonder if you have any advice on the suitability of an IQ for constant use by 4 tall drivers who will use it heavily? How about comfort on long trips (motorway/A-roads) - I don't need much but I do want a smooth ride... and absolutely solid reliability.

Are there any essential extras you would recommend? Is the IQ2 worth paying extra for? Thanks!

Alan.

My husband is 6'3 and drives my (our) iQ3 no problem. Wouldn't be able to use the seat behind him though! We managed to have our 18mth old in her seat behind me driving and Paul and his 6' ish son in the passenger side front & rear.

The 1.33 would be fine for the long runs, not so sure on the 1 litre though I guess that's all dependant on your driving style & preferences.

iQ2/3 has nice toys as opposed to the iQ but again I was spoiled with toys on my old Smart forfour and kinda wanted them again!

Kate

Alan,

It's a great car if you factor in luggage space which does not really exist unless you jettison a passenger. I wonder what that button does on the top of the gearknob (I must make a plan to ask my mate James). The suspension can seem a bit harsh on occasions and I find ours a bit "skippy" sometimes depending on the road. The comfort is actually fine and the build quality has so far proved very good. You'll not have a problem doing 250-milers in one. I'm about 6'1" so I'm not exactly the tallest git in the universe but I find I've got a lot of headroom and it's quite clever how Mr. T has done so much with the car. If I could change one thing for comfort on long journeys and that would be to have a left foot rest. It's not comfortable leaving my left foot on the clutch. An oversight on Mr. T's part perhaps? Other than that it's a fine car.

Hi,

I am considering buying an IQ as a family 'hack' to be used as a second car by my wife/myself and for two teenagers to borrow as/when needed. We're all quite tall (my kids are 6' 3") and will use it to get to school/uni etc. as needed whilst I will use it for a 250-mile round trip once a week. All in we'll probably do 20k+ miles a year in it and buy new. Mostly A roads and trips in to town, with me doing a 250 mile round trip on motorways once a week.

I wonder if you have any advice on the suitability of an IQ for constant use by 4 tall drivers who will use it heavily? How about comfort on long trips (motorway/A-roads) - I don't need much but I do want a smooth ride... and absolutely solid reliability.

Are there any essential extras you would recommend? Is the IQ2 worth paying extra for? Thanks!

Alan.

I don't think the car will suit your family. It won't suit 4 tall guys...

I would say 3 Tall guys and 1 shorter person act as the driver at most.

Also... There won't be any space for your bags when there are four people inside the car.

If the driver has long leg, noone can sit behind him... only a 4 years old kid in a isofix chair.

Hi,

Alan.

I don't think the car will suit your family. It won't suit 4 tall guys...

I would say 3 Tall guys and 1 shorter person act as the driver at most.

Also... There won't be any space for your bags when there are four people inside the car.

oops.. I should have explained, we won't all be in the car at the same time! Normally just a driver, sometimes + one passenger, don't think we'd try any more than that. I'm also focusing on the tiny 1-litre engine simply because I want to keep the emissions down so I can claim 100% write down against tax, get 10% BIK taxation (company car) and also get maximum fuel economy. Anyone think the 1-litre might make life uncomfortable on long motorway trips?

Any idea if the IQ2 will depreciate quicker/slower compared to the basic IQ? Its another £1k... happy to spend it if I can get a fair chunk of it back when I sell the car.

Alan.

Hi,

Alan.

Alan,

This looks like one of life’s paybacks. When your kids were young they met the height restriction requirements for a great ride at the Fun-Fair. Now they don’t meet the height requirement for a great ride in the back of an IQ.

Motorway driving is fine for the 1.0... Its quite happy sitting at 70-80mph

Anyone above 5'8" will have a real hard time sitting at the back. Only get an IQ as long as nobody tall sit at the back.

The 1.0 engine is good enough for motorway, I buy this car for the fuel economy and if I have to choose the 1.33 version for more power, there are heaps of other choice...

As for IQ1 vs IQ2, the extra is worth it especally the immobilizer as it lower the insurance cost here for me every year. Not sure about your regulation there tho.

Motorway driving is fine for the 1.0... Its quite happy sitting at 70-80mph

But is the local constabulary?

How did I know someone would make a comment... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links